Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] A27 improvements: here we go again

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Get rid of the ridiculous rail link and reinvest the money into tunnels around Worthing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I'm surprised one of the more moronic, wilfully ignorant posters hasn't been on yet saying that we don't need to improve the A27 and that all the congestion can be solved simply by adding bus and cycle lanes.

I'm surprised one of the more moronic, wilfully ignorant posters hasn't been on yet saying that somebody will say that we don't need to improve the A27 and that all the congestion can be solved simply by adding bus and cycle lanes.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We need to reduce the use of cars and the only way I can see is to make anybody being banned from driving to retake their test after the date their ban expires. It is not the answer but it would go some way towards reducing the car useage.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
We need to reduce the use of cars and the only way I can see is to make anybody being banned from driving to retake their test after the date their ban expires. It is not the answer but it would go some way towards reducing the car useage.

I'd go one step further than that,people get banned for a reason,either drink/drug driving,speeding and generally being *****,very controversial but a ban should be a ban for life,end of.Give people 2 years notice of what is going to happen ,that way people can work to get their points down,then if banned after the two year announcement you're a **** and should never be allowed to drive again,tough shite,this would take hundreds of thousands off the roads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I'd go one step further than that,people get banned for a reason,either drink/drug driving,speeding and generally being *****,very controversial but a ban should be a ban for life,end of.Give people 2 years notice of what is going to happen ,that way people can work to get their points down,then if banned after the two year announcement you're a **** and should never be allowed to drive again,tough shite,this would take hundreds of thousands off the roads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When you watch programmes like Traffic Cops and you see these idiots driving away from the police at stupid speeds in 30mph areas putting everyone's life at risk, with no tax, insurance or nicked the car, they end up getting a ban for 6 months and a £500 fine.
It makes my piss boil, they should never be allowed to get behind the wheel of a car again, same for drink driving, 1 strike and out.
There are so many of them it would make a small reduction in road traffic.
Every little helps.

Jul 7, 2003
There is an existing route that could be upgraded to provide a bypass for Worthing and Arundel.

Upgrade the A283 from Shoreham to Storrington, bypass Storrington and upgrade the road to Amberley and from there upgrade the A29 to Fontwell. Unfortunately too many rich friends of the MPs will live in those areas for it ever to be considered.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
There is an existing route that could be upgraded to provide a bypass for Worthing and Arundel.

Upgrade the A283 from Shoreham to Storrington, bypass Storrington and upgrade the road to Amberley and from there upgrade the A29 to Fontwell. Unfortunately too many rich friends of the MPs will live in those areas for it ever to be considered.

Is the sensible and ideal solution.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
What with this wind farm out at sea, can't they just keep putting more and more in all the way to Cornwall, then have bridges between each one and exit point's at Brighton, Worthing, Portsmouth, Southampton, Bournemouth etc? ��

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Road on stilts above the railway with junctions only with other A roads? A few houses may have to be demolished but if that's ok to build HS2 so what?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

From a starting point in Findon, when we're driving to Brighton we'll nearly always head North up the A24 and then take the A283, instead of battling with the A27. I would guess it takes longer on occasion, but at least we're moving all the time.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
From a starting point in Findon, when we're driving to Brighton we'll nearly always head North up the A24 and then take the A283, instead of battling with the A27. I would guess it takes longer on occasion, but at least we're moving all the time.

I do a similar thing avoiding Lewes at rush-three-hours. It might take a bit longer, but it feels better to keep moving.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here