Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] A27 improvements: here we go again

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Consultations start today on the proposed changes to the A27 between Worthing and Lancing which, in summary, seem to be alterations to 6 junctions at a cost of £69m:

Durrington Hill/Salvington Hill, Worthing – Convert priority junctions into a traffic signal-controlled junction. Durrington Hill would be widened to accommodate a two-lane approach

Offington roundabout, Worthing – Convert the roundabout into a crossraod, controlled by traffic signals. Approaches will be widened along with some exits to form new slip roads and lanes

Grove Lodge, Worthing – Widening approaches and circulation lanes to create two lanes of traffic through the junction

Lyons Farm, Worthing – Widening to accommodate more lanes. New turning arrangements at both junctions

Busticle Lane/Halewick Lane, Sompting – A new junction to the west of the current junction for access to and from Halewick Lane

Manor roundabout, Lancing – Widen existing approaches and convert the roundabout to a signal-controlled junction for traffic turning from Manor Road onto the A27. Traffic coming from the Brighton direction would not be able to make U-turns

Quite a bit more here: http://www.worthingherald.co.uk/new...ion-begins-with-just-one-69m-option-1-8061846

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Something needs to be done.... But almost certainly nothing will happen. Nice work for some traffic management/architect types....

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Its got to be a bypass or nothing. If the government can't fund it then wait and save this money until they can add some more to it rather than waste it on stupid pointless 'upgrades'.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
What about that bit where you turn off for Littlehampton or carry on to Arundel, I cannot believe they have allowed that junction to exist for so long.
What we need is a Dover to Plymouth motorway, just build the bloody thing, plough through the countryside, knock all the houses down and get on with it.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
What about that bit where you turn off for Littlehampton or carry on to Arundel, I cannot believe they have allowed that junction to exist for so long.
What we need is a Dover to Plymouth motorway, just build the bloody thing, plough through the countryside, knock all the houses down and get on with it.

This.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

I'm sure I read somewhere recently that it was due to be completed?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

The original suggestion was that the A27 be made dual carriageway and or motorway from Folkestone to Honiton but it was shelved despite buying a load of houses on compulsory purchase which were then resold at a lot less than they were bought for. It was said it would be too expensive as the plans were put on hold for years and the price escalated in that time.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Do any Tory MPs own the construction company?

now you're making sense........not to mention the road safety companies....what a bloody rort honestly ......there are no new developments in this area so why can't people just live with it , you could buy a very handy left back with 69 million.....lets face it ...:shrug:

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
Manor roundabout, Lancing – Widen existing approaches and convert the roundabout to a signal-controlled junction for traffic turning from Manor Road onto the A27. Traffic coming from the Brighton direction would not be able to make U-turns

What an absolute joke... People live on one side of the A27, and the only way they could get to their houses is by going around the roundabout and back on themselves... If no u-turns are allowed, how will people get to their homes!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What would be the cost of flyovers/underpass over the bottle neck junctions like Offington corner Grove roundabout and Lyons Farm leaving the roundabouts in place for joining traffic. It has worked in many places.

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
The answer....

But will never happen.

Attachments

• M27Worthing.jpg
    M27Worthing.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 436

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions