Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC salaries...

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
I cant believe that the EastEnders actors are paid what they are, that is madness.

The scripts are sh1t

Do like a bit of Louise Minchin in the mornings but she is not on there.

Cant believe she earns less than Naga Munchetty and Dan Walker.

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
£200,000 – £249,999 Andrew Neil – Presenter
£400,000 – £449,000 Andrew Marr – Presenter

Andrew Neil will be looking for a rise!

Andrew Neil is brilliant, I like Stephen Nolan on 5live but 3 times Andrew Neils Salary? And Vanessa Feltz on pushing 400K PA???

Chris Evans earns more than Gary Lineker? wtf

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
It does not include pay received through BBC Worldwide, the corporation's commercial arm or their earnings from other broadcasters/production companies or commercial activities.

e.g. Graham Norton for his chat show or the Top Gear presenters.

Andrew Neil is brilliant, I like Stephen Nolan on 5live but 3 times Andrew Neils Salary? And Vanessa Feltz on pushing 400K PA???

Chris Evans earns more than Gary Lineker? wtf

It is possible that Andrew Neil is paid more via other production companies etc... so it is not a full picture.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Nick Grimshaw has the best job on the planet. More than £350k a year, VIP treatment and free tickets to every festival, lots of celebrity 'mates' to cling on to and the rest for 3 hours of chatting shit to your mates on weekday mornings.

To have that little talent and to do that well is quite an acheivement.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Can anyone tell me how announcing this helps anyone? What is the purpose of doing it - and don't give me "transparency" because that simply isn't necessary.

All this will do is create resentment and wage inflation. All competitors, who almost certainly pay more already, will see the amount they need to pay to poach talent, meaning the Beeb will have to spend more money to keep them. Add in the resentment within the company when people moan about "what they are earning compared to me".

How has this helped the running or the organisation in any way shape or form?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Given the BBC have released these figures.
It would be interesting on how much the money munchers on ITV get paid.
I'm talking about Piers 'Wenger out' Morgan and Philip 'me me' Schofield.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
It is possible that Andrew Neil is paid more via other production companies etc... so it is not a full picture.

Quite probably, but Neil does so many more shows than Marr, and is so much better than Marr.
Alan Shearer, what for? MOTD and not every week and talks rubbish.
The boy Lineaker must be swilling around in money as he also does BT Sport and his crisps money.
There are many on there that really do not deserve the money, is it pro rata because Strictly Come Dancing is only on from September to December are they paid for doing nothing for 8 months?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Laura Kuenssberg gets 1/4 £1M.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Can anyone tell me how announcing this helps anyone? What is the purpose of doing it - and don't give me "transparency" because that simply isn't necessary.

i fear transparency is all you'll get. there's no practical purpose i can see. it'll be used to beat the BBC for a) paying people too much and b) not paying demographic x as much as demographic y.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

All this will do is create resentment and wage inflation. All competitors, who almost certainly pay more already, will see the amount they need to pay to poach talent, meaning the Beeb will have to spend more money to keep them. Add in the resentment within the company when people moan about "what they are earning compared to me".

It hasn't. And that's the point. It's just another step to create resentment and eventually justify carving off the best bits of the BBC so that someone gets to make a profit. For all its flaws, it'll be a sad day when our non-subscription TV & radio drops to the level endured elsewhere in the world.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

This, all the way. But this government hates the BBC so I guess it was just another way to attack it.

As I've said before, I'd pay the licence fee just for 6 music so I really don't care what they do with the rest of it (apart from paying Shearer, that's just wrong).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here