Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC salaries...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You have to question the govt's motives for ordering this.

Failed attempt to party politicise this. Labour peer Lord Falconer staunchly defending this release on TV this morning and you don't get more non-Tory government than this fellow:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/corbyn-bbc-salaries-cut-gary-lineker-chris-evans-slash-labour-win-a7849696.html

Corbyn will stop this obsene spend of tax payers money and hit their much reduced salaries or company profits with huge tax increases.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Corbyn's statement - your silence is deafening :)

You're winning non sequitur prizes all over the shop. WTF has any of that that got to do with what I think? And you are aware that the BBC doesn't make 'company profits'?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
BBC = Bloody Big Cheques

Although there are Third Division footballers earning more than many of those.

Apart from Evans there's no shocks.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You're winning non sequitur prizes all over the shop. WTF has any of that that got to do with what I think? And you are aware that the BBC doesn't make 'company profits'?

The individual production companies of the BBC stars who are avoiding PAYE and NI through payroll, will be hit by a rise in corp tax from 19% to 28% under McDonnell's tax plan for companies generating non-small profits.

Going back to the main point, the revealing of the BBC salaries was not solely a Tory government or Daily Mail matter in the slightest. Corbyn and other key members of the 2017 version of the Labour Party sought this openness, and Corbyn has condemned the levels paid. He will most likely form the next government and has vowed to end this. This is not a Right wing vs BBC issue, it's apparent that both sides of politics are as one, for once.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
My thoughts were that there are a few on that list who, IMO have a greater musical knowledge than CE, and are getting paid less.

Yes, there is little on there that surprised me. I actually thought some might be earning more (although I guess the figures don't include other royalties).

Evans salary winds me up though. Auntie would be no worse off without him.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The individual production companies of the BBC stars who are avoiding PAYE and NI through payroll, will be hit by a rise in corp tax from 19% to 28% under McDonnell's tax plan for companies generating non-small profits.

Going back to the main point, the revealing of the BBC salaries was not solely a Tory government or Daily Mail matter in the slightest. Corbyn and other key members of the 2017 version of the Labour Party sought this openness, and Corbyn has condemned the levels paid. He will most likely form the next government and has vowed to end this. This is not a Right wing vs BBC issue, it's apparent that both sides of politics are as one, for once.

That is your view. I don't share it. It was intended by the govt to have everyone slagging off individual presenter salaries, and bringing pressure on the BBC over future funding. And you only have to read this thread, or look elsewhere, to see it is 'mission accomplished'.

And as you may have noticed, McDonnell isn't in power. So those presenters earning a 'secret' fortune by paying themselves through their own production companies are, I would suggest, pretty happy today.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It might be a bit more difficult for political journos to put the boot into politicians about their salaries or being out of touch when they are being paid x2 or x3 times more than the PM.

Not all bad news for the Beeb though

The BBC is this year extending its “diversity monitoring” of on-air and production staff to include shows on ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5 and Sky as well as its own channels.

The corporation said that 48.2 per cent of its employees are women, including 42.1 per cent in “leadership roles”. The target is to have women in half of both categories within three years.

A staff census at the end of last year showed that 14.5 per cent are from ethnic minorities, ahead of the target for this year with the aim to reach 15 per cent by 2020. One in ten members of the BBC’s leadership are currently from ethnic minorities. The 2011 national census found that 87 per cent of the population classed themselves as “white”.

More than one in ten employees described themselves as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transsexual, raising to 11.5 per cent in leadership jobs. The target is 8 per cent by 2020. The Office for National Statistics reported in 2015 that 1.7 per cent of the population identified themselves as lesbian, gay or bisexual.

Ethnic minorities and LGBT employee quotas well ahead of schedule.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Alan Shearer: £450,000

ALAN SHEARER??!!!!

BLEEDIN' ALAN EFFIN' SHEARER?!!!!!!!!!!!

I had assumed he was actually paying the BBC for the work experience until he bacame any good at all at his job.

The rest of them I couldn't really care less about but....

ALAN SHEARER?!!! £450,000?!!!

...and breathe.

Thierry Henry is on £4 million for the same degree of inanity on Sky.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
The one thing that leapt out of me straight away is Clare Balding on just £150K - £199,999.

This woman needs to fire her agent right now. She is the face of female presenting on the BBC, omnipresent in the Olympic / Paralympic and Commonwealth Games, her range is incredible, her enthusiasm and research are exemplary. She can do literally anything. The fact that Alan Shearer is on 3 times her salary is simply baffling.

The same agent that also gets her regular work on ITV, Channel 4 and BT Sport?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
They actually pay Danny Dyer to act and Nick Grimshaw for his music knowledge :shootself
The figures for Chris Evans are insulting, surely the BBC would've learnt a lesson when he had his tantrums on Radio 1, way back before going to Virgin!!

Jo Whiley is the only one, musically I consider worth the money.

I know he gets paid but does double D actually act? :moo:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London

Actually it was the last Tory Government which made it a condition as part of the agreement to re-new the BBC's charter. Whilst the Labour leader has been recently talking about reducing the high salaries of some of the BBC's stars, the charter was agreed in the early months of last year. In this case, it was nothing to do with Corbyn.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here