Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC salaries...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'm sure it was just a coincidence that a few hours after this was announced the government announced the retirement age was going up to 68.

Good day to bury bad news whilst people were being outraged?

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
It's not subjective. The other companies DO pay people way more to do the same job.

You have an axe to grind but it's actually got nothing to do with the argument you're attempting to win.

Well, if others pay more then I suppose its at their discretion. Not withstanding your comments about having an axe to grinde, if you read my original post it states that the BBC journalism is the poorest of the poor, thus by definition determining that much of the journalism placed before us on news programmes is of a poor standard and poorly researched. AS for other companies I have no idea how much they pay the BBCs counterparts, but i'm sure you do, so I bow to your superior wisdom. Its not me who has an axe to grinde :shrug:

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
I'm not going to bother picking through his whole original post but he's right that not paying for a TV licence can end you up in a criminal court and possibly prison. The BBC spends a huge amount of money chasing those without a licence by employing Capita bully boys. Don't have a licence registered to your address ? They automatically target you as guilty and expect you to prove you don't actually need a licence. They've even persuaded government to get retailers to help them in their witch hunt - buy a new TV and you are expected to provide your address. This is then passed on to the BBC TV Licencing department - otherwise known as Capita.

It's a disgusting state of affairs that a small debt is allowed to go to criminal court ( and all the stupidly high costs that involves ) rather than to civil court like any other debt. The BBC are in a privileged position given to them by government ..... and they abuse it.

And before you accuse me of being a BBC hater I'm not - I'm a keen supporter of the organisation and it's output - I'm not a keen supporter of it's enforcement techniques.

Indeed, last year 107,000 people were handed a criminal record courtesy of the BBC and Capita.....

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/07/17/70_pc_tv_licensing_convictions_women/

As a process it's an absolute scandal, which is indefensible. But then as we can see from this thread there are plenty that think Gary, Vanessa and Graham deserve their money off the back off this process, and are happy so long as the BBC continues to shit out a never ever ending cycle of homes under the hammer and Eastenders. With that kind of logic why should they give a flying f*ck about the poor being criminalised.

The bit that is most delicious is that these BBC fanatics hate the Tories..........they are quite quite deranged*

*yep you da most.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
The fact that I have to sweat my nuts off 5, occasionally 6, sometimes 7 days a week so that I can pay Alan Green to sit behind a microphone and watch the best football in the world, all over the world, free of charge of travel, tickets, accomodation and refreshments, makes my piss boil.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
All seem like reasonable salaries to me. Undoubtedly, the gender pay gap is unacceptable, but it just mirrors everywhere else. Until boardrooms start to reflect gender parity in positions of authority and until we create workplaces which recognise the need to address issues like gender, social mobility, inclusivity etc then we'll a) miss out and talent and b) continue to see this unfairness. I bet if you look at pay through the lens of public vs state school education, through ethnicity etc we'll see the same results.

Are any of us surprised at the BBC bashing? I'd love to see the same data from Sky, Daily Mail, Evening Standard, ITV etc. of course, none of them are compelled by the government to publish the salaries of their staff. Yet again, government is getting the public all angry about something they can then sell off in the name of 'what the public wants.' Some bunch of mega rich media moguls will strip it down and some day in the future we'll be stood there with our pants round our ankles wondering what happened to that invaluable Trust that we all once owned. The public can be such mugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This fella deserves a raise:-

[tweet]894575728238485508[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here