Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nice Tories Past and Present

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Surely the nicest has to be Theresa May? she keeps going on about those JAM's and how the economy doesn't work for many people.
She obviously cares very deeply, if only she could do something to help but quite obviously the rest of the Tory party won't let her.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
image.jpg Kelly Tolhurst another down to earth nice Tory MP

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Surely the nicest has to be Theresa May? she keeps going on about those JAM's and how the economy doesn't work for many people.
She obviously cares very deeply, if only she could do something to help but quite obviously the rest of the Tory party won't let her.

You obviously don't know her. I had her round because my washing was making a racket and leaking at the supply. She bought the wrong washers for the leak and then told me Zanussi's were shit and was hardly there 5 minutes and charged me £30.00 quid. On the other hand Ken Livingston fixed my combi boiler in a minute and only took a tenner off me.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You obviously don't know her. I had her round because my washing was making a racket and leaking at the supply. She bought the wrong washers for the leak and then told me Zanussi's were shit and was hardly there 5 minutes and charged me £30.00 quid. On the other hand Ken Livingston fixed my combi boiler in a minute and only took a tenner off me.

I rang the EU. They came round with a lovely new Bosch machine which was fitted by a competent and very efficient fellow.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
On the strength of your comment I have just ordered the Alan Clark diaries

They're a great read.
Tory diaries seem to be more interesting: Duff Cooper's and Chips Cannon's give a great insight into the political scene of the 30s. Labour diarists seem a bit more boring - although I'd make an exception for Robin Cook, his are worth reading too.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
The most recent was Benjamin Disraeli.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
John Major always seems honest if you discount Edwina fling left power with the economy in a healthy state and agreement of the Irish peace process.
David Cameron I think he was quite likeable as a personality although a gambler who played the biggest gamble of all and lost!
Ken Clarke but only because he is such a Euro file it winds the rest up

Gosh this is harder than I first thought a list of not likeable Tories would be much simpler if an awful lot longer

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
33224C0C00000578-3537456-image-m-18_1460542836400.jpg

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
As the vast majority of us have never met an MP, let alone a Tory one, and the chances of us knowing them personally to ascertain as whether they're nice or not, makes this thread slightly irrelevant. Chuck into the mix their ability to fix your washing machine, never mind their total lack of skills in plumbing, means that that your invitation for them to pop round is totally f*****.

You would have more chance with the man in the moon, he's a bit cheesy but hey-ho.

I've met Tim Loughton, he will not appear on this list.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Ken Clarke but only because he is such a Euro file it winds the rest up
I do like him for that but wouldn't want to sit next to him in our local discussing whether a player was deemed active and so the goal should have been disallowed.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Maggie, all day long.

Could sit there and listen to her for hours and hours.

Michael Portillo too.

Bloody good bloke.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I rang the EU. They came round with a lovely new Bosch machine which was fitted by a competent and very efficient fellow.

Subsidised by the British tax payers no doubt and supplied by unelected engineers.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Subsidised by the British tax payers no doubt and supplied by unelected engineers.

And a warranty from the European Court of Human Rights.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Maggie, all day long.

Could sit there and listen to her for hours and hours.

Michael Portillo too.

Bloody good bloke.

Maggie awful awful woman the worst type of Tory

Portillo most unlikable when an MP completely reinvented himself as a TV personality who I now enjoy listening to

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I do like him for that but wouldn't want to sit next to him in our local discussing whether a player was deemed active and so the goal should have been disallowed.

Smoking ban means he cannot puff on those awful cigars but his choice of football team leaves a lot to be desired

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008

Portillo most unlikable when an MP completely reinvented himself as a TV personality who I now enjoy listening to

It's all about opinions I guess.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing

Really! To me and millions of others she was the heroine we craved for. Someone had to stop our lives beng controlled by dictatorial union leaders and enduring constant strikes.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here