Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nice Tories Past and Present

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
He is a man of the people. Vox populi, vox Dei.

Such a common touch to him too, that despite coming from a privileged family that made it's money through the misery of others in coal mining, will surely shine through particularly in former coal mining areas devastated in the 1980's when he becomes leader I'm sure, as ordinary working Britons all over the country vote for the party with the old Etonion with business links to Russia in their droves. Perhaps it'll be his nanny that wins it?

DB-X4lyXYAEKL-h.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
He is a man of the people. Vox populi, vox Dei.

He's a most curious fellow. Eton and Oxford obviously. But none of the new money grasping that often now comes with that turf. The result of a loveless union twixt John Redwood and Louis Theroux? Even his kids look like benign aliens. He's just produced his sixth, presumably with the aid of his wife. He's named the little mite Sixtus Dominic Boniface Christopher. Obviously.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...g-have-six-children-have-never-changed-nappy/

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Henry Smith Crawley MP took us on a tour of the Houses of Parliament and then for a drink in the Strangers bar.

Seemed like a agreeable down to earth sort. Plus he's friendly with Corbyn.

Though I saw he did a deal with UKIP so they wouldn't stand in Crawley in the General Election, so maybe no.

Churchill then?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I had a tour by Mims Davis MP followed by drinks and a meal in Strangers then some drinks at Victoria finishing with more drinks and food in the Serg HH I recommend visiting Parliament and if your guide is good you may learn a lot about how it works and the history also my MP Sir NS is very friendly with Peter Kyle. Many MPchat behind the scenes and work together on cross party committees. Also meet a giant of a man the speaker and he was so friendly and he does a lot bringing in groups of students.you can also listen to some of the debates. We should be proud they are very accessible.
I recommend you tap up your local MP and try and get a Tour I don't mean a brown envelope.:whistle:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
My late father-in-law was Chairman of Horsham District Council and as such met quite few local MP's. Even though he was Liberal Democrat he thought the Bottomleys were both very pleasant as people.

On a broader view I'm not sure that Nice actually cuts it if you are a truly successful politician.

Churchill is the obvious example of someone who had take decisions that weren't very Nice: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack_on_Mers-el-Kébir

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here