• No - I've never used it

Votes: 48 13.8%
  • Yes - but only when people contact me via it

Votes: 10 2.9%

• Total voters

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I've used it for years. More than phone calls and text messages. Up until two weeks ago when BlackBerry stopped supporting it. It's the price for having a free work phone.

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
use it all the time, wife sends pics or vids of my son to me to cheer me up at work. She constantly messages and sends pics and vids to family in South Africa, it's good even for transferring pics etc between phones. Being able to instantly send free pics of where you are allows people to share in that experience like instant postcards.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
If you've got a monthly allowance of texts, isn't it cheaper just to text? Also, Whatsapp uses data, which works against your allowance? Just wondering why people use Whatsapp so much?

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
If you've got a monthly allowance of texts, isn't it cheaper just to text? Also, Whatsapp uses data, which works against your allowance? Just wondering why people use Whatsapp so much?
pictures usually aren't free and data is really cheap these days, it's very user friendly and a group chat can be like an on going conversation with friends or family around the world.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Stumpy Tim

I use it more than any other messaging service. Obviously it's particularly useful for keeping in touch with UK friends and family. I use FB Messenger too, but I've gone off it since they started adding pointless extra features which I will never use, and can't be hidden.
[MENTION=522]Kinky Gerbils[/MENTION] does keep sending me pictures of a black guy with a massive cock on WhatsApp. I now know what he spends his time doing on the internet.

I thought that was my job?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I use it a fair bit, mainly (but not exclusively) for group messaging. I play squash and our community has a number of different groups - one for our league/ladder, one for general chat, one for a different club where some players are also members. If a group of us arrange to play in a tournament in another city, we will create a specific group just for those members (and likewise if we are arranging an event such as a party or other celebration).

Also, my two nieces and nephew are currently staying with me from England, and we created a group a few months ago to help with planning and questions etc.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

In the running of a youth football team for example:
1. Doesn't matter which smartphone or smart device you have, you can all be in the message group.
2. The whole group can see all the messages and it keeps all the info. so someone asking for a match address can be told by another parent saving the manager a lot of time.
3. Because it keeps past messages, if you have forgotten details, easy enough to scroll back.

The whole group can contribute, so I'm now chairman of a youth football club, and I have several Whatsapp groups for Managers, Committee Members, Parents.

Plus it only uses data if you're not on wifi. You can set it to only get messages when you're connected to wifi so you're not using your text or data at all.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So, do you use WhatsApp?
Yes, good for sending pics without any charges.
How ubiquitous is it?
Very, particularly among young people.

Try not to let your kids use it too young though (like under 13), it can be a bit damaging for them.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Don't they all use snapchat and instagram?
They use them all if you let them. The problem with snapchat is obvious - educate your kids people.

One issue with whatsapp is that they can get up in the morning and wade through hundreds of posts in their group to see if anyone has said anything about them. Not a healthy way to start the day.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Use it. Kid in China can get in touch if in wi-fi . Got family group so us and kids talk to all of us. Kid in China sends his photos back he also phoned us from China on it. Also our village has little mobile signal so our group of season ticket holders have a Seagulls group to communicate quickly. I am a bit of a Luddite but think it's jolly good.

Oh yes and it's free if you have wi-fi.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Yes use it to contact 99% of people I know, can send pics n videos free, create group chats, brilliant app

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here