Votes: 48 13.8%
  • Yes - but only when people contact me via it

Votes: 10 2.9%

• Total voters

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Use it all the time, no fees for sending messages, images etc......
Also everything you send is allegedly encrypted.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I find FB Messenger more reliable for voice calls and text messages than Whatsapp, typically when I'm contacting my brother who uses a google phone, if I'm contacting another iPhone user then FaceTime is just fine.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Only social media I use. Mainly because it's free.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
If you've got a monthly allowance of texts, isn't it cheaper just to text? Also, Whatsapp uses data, which works against your allowance? Just wondering why people use Whatsapp so much?

Free WiFi is everywhere these days so hardly need to use data.

*Edit* just seen others have said this too. Oops.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ah but ios covers ipads too. Know lots of folks with Android phone but iPad at home.

Indeed. iPhone still beats all Android (including Android tablets) though. Next?

Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 22.56.36.png

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Never initiate contact using it but some people get in touch with me on there. I'm assuming ones who don't use an iPhone - otherwise I can't see the advantages. Encryption i suppose - not sure the iPhone does that?

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Use it all the time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Indeed. iPhone still beats all Android (including Android tablets) though. Next?

View attachment 87348

What I meant to get across but failed to do so is that NSC visitor OS isn't an accurate reflection of mobile phone popularity as I'm sure more visitors use tablets than phones to view the site. Ipads are way more popular that Android tablets even with people that may have an Android phone. So just cos lots of visitors here are visiting from IOS it doesn't mean iphones are prevailant.

As for Whatsapp I use it all the time, loads of group chats or for sending pictures without sending an mms,

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Yes, i do. Great for sending pics and files quickly and the group chats are excellent. Only really started using it last year but wouldn't be without it now.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What I meant to get across but failed to do so is that NSC visitor OS isn't an accurate reflection of mobile phone popularity as I'm sure more visitors use tablets than phones to view the site. Ipads are way more popular that Android tablets even with people that may have an Android phone. So just cos lots of visitors here are visiting from IOS it doesn't mean iphones are prevailant.,

No, I understood what you were saying.

If you do some basic extrapolation across the two tables I posted, they do indicate that iPhones are used extensively more by NSCers than Android phones.

Why that is, given Android's dominance across the mobile market aaa while, I don't know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here