• No - I've never used it

Votes: 48 13.8%
  • Yes - but only when people contact me via it

Votes: 10 2.9%

• Total voters

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I use it fairly often, handy if your phone reception is crap but you have WiFi.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
I have to say that feature has zero impact on my usage.

What sort of messages are you sending?!?

I have several friends who are UBER security conscious with their online presence who refused to use it before it had end 2 end, nothing dodgy just principle based around who could potentially see what be that targeted advertising or government snooping on people.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Most soitanly.
I am a recipient of messages most when the girlfriend and I go for a scan. Her, and her 2 sisters and mother, then send around 813 messages, with a myriad of emojis, and in Spanish, within 14 minutes. I feel my brothers, sister and I mum don't have this relationship in which we share, or rejoice, with many a word. But on a particular day I messaged Mother Meade to see if she had time for a quick chat, to send her a picture of the scan, and look forward together for this new member of the clan. I had a reply from her 8 hours later. She was happy, yes, but welcoming immediacy was not apparent.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Yes, I use it a lot to keep in touch with my family.

This.

We have a family WhatsApp group and I'm in a couple of Albion fan groups.

I also have one with a couple of friends for our 'Bellend or Legend' game.

It's very useful for calling as well. Our daughter has crap phone reception in her flat, but really good wifi

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I use a combination of SMS, iMessage, WhatsApp, Google Hangouts and Facebook Messenger. Which one I use depends on who I'm trying to contact, although it's not a system I could actually explain to anyone else if they asked me.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I use a combination of SMS, iMessage, WhatsApp, Google Hangouts and Facebook Messenger. Which one I use depends on who I'm trying to contact, although it's not a system I could actually explain to anyone else if they asked me.

Could you please explain your system?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
No, I understood what you were saying.

If you do some basic extrapolation across the two tables I posted, they do indicate that iPhones are used extensively more by NSCers than Android phones.

Why that is, given Android's dominance across the mobile market aaa while, I don't know.

Maybe there's some reason Android users don't use NSC on their phone as much. Is Tapatalk a bit crap on Android? Or perhaps the demographic who tend to buy iPhones are those who are more likely to use it for things like NSC?

I must say, I'm Android user and I've never used my phone for NSC. (Mainly because it looks like I'm working if I use my laptop)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Primary method of communication and absolutely vital to ensure my pauper friends with non-iphones can still take part in group discussions.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Maybe there's some reason Android users don't use NSC on their phone as much. Is Tapatalk a bit crap on Android? Or perhaps the demographic who tend to buy iPhones are those who are more likely to use it for things like NSC?

I must say, I'm Android user and I've never used my phone for NSC. (Mainly because it looks like I'm working if I use my laptop)

Tapatalk is a small %age of NSC usage.

I suspect you're unusual if you never access NSC away from your work desk.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Tapatalk is a small %age of NSC usage.

I suspect you're unusual if you never access NSC away from your work desk.

I do use it at home sometimes, just not on my phone.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Don't use it all the time, but I'm a member of several different groups and it's great for that. Also image sending.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Use it constantly, I think the only person I SMS these days is [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
my most used app. uses data not network as mentioned above, the blue ticks are v useful, and apple is too restrictive...

And you're one of the three people who have WhatsApped me!

Use it constantly, I think the only person I SMS these days is [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

You don't SMS me, you iMessage me. Why don't you WhatsApp me? [MENTION=357]afters[/MENTION] above managed it so, presumably, I'm discoverable on there or something.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
And you're one of the three people who have WhatsApped me!

You don't SMS me, you iMessage me. Why don't you WhatsApp me? [MENTION=357]afters[/MENTION] above managed it so, presumably, I'm discoverable on there or something.

I wasn't sure you had WhatsApp!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here