Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help Needed - I need a watermark programme...

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
I have to upload lots of photos on the web and every single one needs to be watermarked, have searched online and there are literally hundreds of different options, free ones, pay ones etc.

Anyone used a product before that they can recommend? I'm running a Windows 7 PC for this.

Thank you in advance!

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
I have to upload lots of photos on the web and every single one needs to be watermarked, have searched online and there are literally hundreds of different options, free ones, pay ones etc.

Anyone used a product before that they can recommend? I'm running a Windows 7 PC for this.

Thank you in advance!

Why bother?
Watermarks are not really difficult to remove - see http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Watermarks-from-Photos or just Google "remove photo watermark"

To answer your original question, no I have not used a watermark programme, for the above reasons

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Why bother?
Watermarks are not really difficult to remove - see http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Watermarks-from-Photos or just Google "remove photo watermark"

To answer your original question, no I have not used a watermark programme, for the above reasons

All images on my site are watermarked, and I don't believe it's possible to remove the watermark from them, happy to be shown otherwise though.

Edit, Oh, I see, this is software like photoshop etc, that's hardly a simple process, not exactly a way to remove a watermark, more a way to edit over it, or mask it.

mylesfdo

Jan 25, 2015
I think you can add a watermark in Adobe's Lightroom and/or Photoshop(both included in monthly sub anyway!!).......think I pay about £9pm for all Adobe products.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Just need an image editing programme to add a transparent layer with nearly transparent text. Free programmes like Irfanview or Gimp will do it.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
What programme do you use ?

You asked, so here goes, this is my brothers description as he does all the development stuff on my site, I just come up with the ideas.

"quite a complicated one that took me a long time to implement but basically whenever a request is made to the server for a shirt image the server creates the watermarked version (if it doesn't already exist) using a php library called phpThumb and then delivers that one to the users browser. The user cannot access the non watermaked version but it is still on the server. The actual delivery of the watermarked image is handled using some more complicated mod-rewrite code in the htaccess file of the images directory. Like I said, it's complicated and I sort of created it myself after trawling lots of discussions in forums and stackoverflow.com - it isn't a simple off the shelf code library anyone could use because I needed something that fitted with how the whole OFS image library is organised and didn't want to mess up google's indexing of us when we implemented the watermarks.

So now you know [emoji1]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here