Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TB's loan / investment in BHAFC

TheOldGirl

Jul 24, 2013
Saltdean
I seem to remember that the initial 90 odd million for the stadium was an interest free loan to the club to be paid back over 15 years, would that mean that the club is 6 years through paying that back?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I seem to remember that the initial 90 odd million for the stadium was an interest free loan to the club to be paid back over 15 years, would that mean that the club is 6 years through paying that back?

Time and beer have dulled my memory but I'm sure most of the £90m was converted to shares by TB.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Really I can only seeing him taking substantial amounts out if he's looking to cut his losses and has no hope of getting all his money back. Far better to spend enough to stay up and establish the club in the Premier League for several years - then he might even make a profit one day.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Given the lack of investment in the playing staff, you'd assume it's being well spent on paying him back.

We have already broken our transfer fee record this close season, and yet our fans accuse the club of a lack of investment - and it is only July 18.

Madness.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
If the footage of TB celebrating in the away end at Brentford and after the Wigan game are anything to go by, I think he has greater priorities than money and a return on his investment atm.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I guess a fair bit of premier league incomes this season will be going to pay down the club's debt to Uncle T?

He deserves a good payday, after all he has put in!

Debt repayment from taking money out from a single season in the PL vs trying to become an established side in the PL and possibly allowing smaller amounts each season to be used to repay TB (if that's what he wishes to happen) a way that could easily produce a much higher return on investment to TB

As TB is a gambler, surely the 2nd option is a better bet for him if he really wants to get some of the invested money back out of the club (which he may not for all we know)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I guess a fair bit of premier league incomes this season will be going to pay down the club's debt to Uncle T?
To early to tell.

He deserves a good payday, after all he has put in!
Yes he does.
Given the lack of investment in the playing staff, you'd assume it's being well spent on paying him back.
I didn't realise the window had slammed shut already.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here