Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

potd

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Not sure on this one as can't remember seeing it,is this a fact that no games in the premiership are allowed potd?

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
You'll find that if you refer to the competition as the Premiership you'll receive a smug reply referring to the Scottish top league or the Rugby Union top league.
Brighton are playing in the Premier League.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
****ing unnecessary and irritating smugness. We all know what we're referring to. A lot of us have at times moaned about the PL "brand" and how it's now become a brand rather than a football competition. Lets not get all c**ty about making sure we refer to it as the PL. Over the years, commentators have certainly referred to it as such, it's only recently that the PL have got all shirty about their brand and requested that broadcasters consistently refer to it as the PL.

But no, I believe PL rules forbid POTD but even so, we weren't allowed POTD under our licences/planning even in the Championship.

Last edited:

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
****ing unnecessary and irritating smugness. We all know what we're referring to. A lot of us have at times moaned about the PL "brand" and how it's now become a brand rather than a football competition. Lets not get all c**ty about making sure we refer to it as the PL. Over the years, commentators have certainly referred to it as such, it's only recently that the PL have got all shirty about their brand and requested that broadcasters consistently refer to it as the PL.

But no, I believe PL rules forbid POTD but even so, we weren't allowed POTD under our licences/planning even in the Championship.

Yes we were.

Premier League.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Commentators would have called it the Premiership when it was the Premiership, and now correctly refer to the Premier League because it's the Premier League.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Commentators would have called it the Premiership when it was the Premiership, and now correctly refer to the Premier League because it's the Premier League.

Pundits and commentators alike occasionally "slip up" and call it the Premiership.

I still call Starburst Opal fruits.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008

It's always been the Premier League......... WP_20130912_012.jpg

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Also maybe the OP was referring to games being POG rather than POTD.

We're not allowed POG but we can do POTD.

Love a bit of POG but now it doesn't come with any uber fan points it's not as fun.
Bozza's post (no.5) seems to suggest it is PotG - or at least pay on the day at the club shop or ticket office, which is all but the same thing.

Wasn't not selling tickets on match a condition of us getting permish for the Amex anyway?

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Bozza's post (no.5) seems to suggest it is PotG - or at least pay on the day at the club shop or ticket office, which is all but the same thing.

Wasn't not selling tickets on match a condition of us getting permish for the Amex anyway?

I was being my usual pedantic self. Yes we can POTD but not with cash at a turnstile.

Originally it was one of the conditions of planning, guess the locals didn't want hoards of people turning up without tickets and having nowhere to go.

Glad common sense came in to it in the end.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here