Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£195 Million Neymar to PSG

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
And the end of football....

PSG told Barcelona they are willing to pay Neymar's £195m release clause and Barca jumped at chance and allowed PSG to talk to the player
4:39 PM - 18 Jul 2017

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I like how it's 195 million rather than 200 million.

It's that CLEVER trick retailers do, to make you think you're getting a bargain.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
end of football is a bit dramatic, i mean you could not worry about the transfers and worry about what happens on the pitch.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Because it has nothing to do with fans and is all about money. No player is worth that! I've fallen out of love with this commercially run cash cow of this personally.

So? Why is this any different from Bale going for £100M? Is any player worth £50M even? If the money in the game is killing football then it died years ago. Trying to pinpoint the death of football as this transfer is just histrionics.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
No one likes to break into a £200m note without getting change.

True. They can buy a Chomp with the change. Maybe even push the boat out and get a Curly Wurly.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Well, it clearly isn't, is it?

It is ludicrous for sure, but no more signals the 'end of football' than Trevor Francis' £1m transfer in 1979.

Transfer fee's keep going up and up to the point that middle range clubs are being out priced - Fees clubs are being quoted for Bog standard players now (£50 million for sigurdsson) and the wages - Johnny Evans 100k.

It is going to implode soon.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
So? Why is this any different from Bale going for £100M? Is any player worth £50M even? If the money in the game is killing football then it died years ago. Trying to pinpoint the death of football as this transfer is just histrionics.

Quite.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
I like how it's 195 million rather than 200 million.

It's that CLEVER trick retailers do, to make you think you're getting a bargain.

in which case should have been 199 mill

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here