Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Current squad...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agree as it stands it's pretty awful and if the likes of skalak,Norwood and maybe sidwell are goner be in the 25 then you can see us being the ultimate whipping boys this season.
Even lua lua is getting friendly match time???
Promoted with 3 weeks to spare and not a lot has happened and isn't likely too.

We had a seven week head start on Hudd and several weeks over the PL clubs that just survived.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
5 years to get promoted and the real push under Bloom and we are actually going to just surrender it pretty easily. Strange really as I doubt we would bounce back.

Still time but been a dogs dinner hasn't it.

I see Barber on radio today saying about how competitive the market is etc.

Sound bytes begun

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
5 years to get promoted and the real push under Bloom and we are actually going to just surrender it pretty easily. Strange really as I doubt we would bounce back.

Still time but been a dogs dinner hasn't it.

I see Barber on radio today saying about how competitive the market is etc.

Sound bytes begun

Come on..... Tony does not surrender for anyone....

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
We dont have any strikers good enough for the Premier League. Murray is useful but not good enough for this league.

cirC

Jul 26, 2004
Tupnorth
So, with a lack of signings in recent times (forgetting the failed medical of Neto and the deliberated signing of Suttner), this is the squad we currently have as it stands:
Brighton Squad:

1-GK: Mathew Ryan
2-GK: Niki Maenpaa
3-GK: Robert Sanchez

4-CB: Lewis Dunk
5-CB: Shane Duffy
6-CB: Uwe Hunemier
7-CB: Connor Goldson

8-RB: Bruno Saltor
9-RB: Liam Rosenior
10-LB: Markus Suttner
11-LB: Gaetan Bong

12-CM: Beram Kayal
13-CM: Dale Stephens
14-CM: Steve Sidwell
15-CM: Oliver Norwood
16-CM: Rohan Ince

17-RM: Anthony Knockaert
18-RM: Jiri Skalak
19-LM: Solly March
20-LM: Jamie Murphy

21-AM: Pascal Groß
22-AM: Richie Towell

23-ST: Glenn Murray
24-ST: Tomer Hemed
25-ST: Sam Baldock

Left out:
26-CM: Josh Kerr
27-LM: Kazenga Lua-Lua

Forgive me if I have forgotten anyone, but is the general panic misplaced? This is a decent 25 man squad, although unlikely to set the prem alight, and with some loans, a couple of big signings (45 days left) and a few tweaks seems promising to me, or am I totally misguided in my optimism? Personally, I would loan Ince, Towell and Sanchez, possibly look to sell Skalak & Lua-Lua, keep Kerr in the Dev squad, get in another striker, winger, centre mid and vet keeper. What are others thoughts?

I thought we signed Pascal Gross for midfield duties.Has he left or not signed? My error I see he is mentioned.

Last edited:

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Looking at the squad we will be solid and organized at the back as you would expect but possess little or no threat up front and lack strength and pace in midfield and wide. How come this far into the window with the season looming large are we so far away from what's needed. It's not been great so far. Still time I guess although barber has supposedly ruled this week out for signings.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
That forward line wouldn't rank in the top ten in the Championship. Next worst in the Premier League would cost twice as much

The top scoring trio from last season wouldn't rank top ten in the Championship? Alright mate. They scored 45 goals between them last season, name a group of three that did better?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We need a striker and winger right away plus if possible another CM and full back by end of January at latest.

End of Jan would likely be too late, leaving 13 fixtures including many against PL giants.

Fat Sam was a rarity in pulling off such stunts, but with a squad base of PL players, to add to.

The Albion would have had from Easter to 1 September, and the guarantee of £100m in extra income to get things in place.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
I think it massively unfair to suggest Murray isn't premier league quality... could it not be the systems that were in place previously at Palace and Bournemouth didn't suit his style of play? I think Baldock alongside Murray is in fact a fairly decent front line - and the very fact Premier League defences wont have played against Albion previously should play into our favour.

This whole culture of 'oh no wheres our £15 million player' is quite frankly ridiculous. Yes no doubt we need to spend a little cash, but our squad is very decent when at full tilt and they should be given the chance to embrace the Premier League as they did the Championship. Personally, Barber is correct in not wasting £10 million plus on average players and actually allowing our scouting department the chance to do their job - to look for affordable yet quality players.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Colin made a big rick letting Murray go; he's said so himself. Muzza came back to Palace under dancing boy Pardew (from Reading) and got 7 in 17 in the second half of the Premier League season in 2015. If you have faith in Murray and play to his strengths he will score. If Murray could get 15 goals he'd be up there with Benteke, Llorente and Defoe.

Just read that Lucas Perez is on £70k a week but Arsenal want shot for 12m euros!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Colin made a big rick letting Murray go; he's said so himself. Muzza came back to Palace under dancing boy Pardew (from Reading) and got 7 in 17 in the second half of the Premier League season in 2015. If you have faith in Murray and play to his strengths he will score. If Murray could get 15 goals he'd be up there with Benteke, Llorente and Defoe.

Just read that Lucas Perez is on £70k a week but Arsenal want shot for 12m euros!

As good as he is , he isn't going to be getting 15 in the premier league lol.

Hes played 50 games in the prem and got 11.

Both in arguably more creative sides than we are going to be.

Love the optimism though but we need a couple of top quality strikers and use Glenn well. I reckon he can get us 6 or 7 if does well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here