Who will the next Tory leader

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I do find it incredibly frustrating that anyone who dares to hold the opinion that abortion is wrong is shouted down and called a 'tosser' or some such. It's obviously a very sensitive and tricky subject area, and people are not anti-abortion because they're a bad person - often it's because they find it hard to accept the death of an embryo. People should be allowed to hold views without being subjected to a torrent of abuse by people who do not agree with them. It's those sorts of attitudes that, in my opinion, led to Brexit and the election of Donald Trump.

I personally believe human life begins at the point of fertilisation - when you have a unique set of genes that contribute to about 50% of what makes you, you. The other 50% will be environmental influence.

But abortion is not as simple as that for me. There are a variety of considerations, that this thread justifies. But, certainly, in usual circumstances, I have to say I'm against abortion, because I view it as the killing of an innocent human life. I'm not religious. But other people have different opinions and you have to respect that.

The 24 week (6 month) abortion limit does seem somewhat illogical, when you consider in (rare) circumstances babies can survive as young as 21 weeks. So let's say 22 weeks. If you abort a child at 22 weeks, it's legal. However, if the baby is born, and 10 minutes later someone kills that child it's classified as murder. If someone kills that child whilst the mother is still pregnant, the law classifies it as 'child destruction'. The only differences in these instances is the child is either in the mother's body or it isn't. The child is still at the same stage of development.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The 24 week (6 month) abortion limit does seem somewhat illogical, when you consider in (rare) circumstances babies can survive as young as 21 weeks.

it is rare and with massive medical intervention

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
it is rare and with massive medical intervention

I already said it's rare - and that it requires medical help (obviously) does not change my point at all. All babies born well before their due date will be given medical help to ease their passage into the world. 21 weeks is very rare, the chances of surviving at that stage is almost zero. But as the weeks go on the chances of surviving increase massively. By the time you get to 24 weeks, the legal limit for abortion, the chances for survival are over half. But, that wasn't the point I was making.

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
Getting back to the actual thread - I think Heidi Allen would make a good leader! index.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here