Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will the next Tory leader

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Abhorrent his views are, and I could be wrong - but doesn't he say his views differ from the law? He may hold these opinions but may not necessarily enact on them.

I cannot see JRM winning a leadership bid, the party has quite a few areas they need to be concerned about and looking modern is definitely one of them. The Scottish Tories yield more influence than perhaps most think, Ruth is a lesbian and any fracturing between the Westminister party and the Scottish party could damage them in the long run. Ruth has done very well in Scotland and in my opinion, very likeable.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Abhorrent his views are, and I could be wrong - but doesn't he say his views differ from the law? He may hold these opinions but may not necessarily enact on them.

A strange argument to make. So what if they differ from the law?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Rees-Mogg does have a vested interest in saving humanity having been born 2 years after the UK made abortion legal.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I cannot see JRM winning a leadership bid,

i cant see he would make a leadership bid, unless as stalking horse to get a leadership election started.

A strange argument to make. So what if they differ from the law?

isnt it normal and desirable to hear the views of our legislators, those who make and amend laws? once upon a time some politician said how they thought abortion should be legalised.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
..."Let me be absolutely clear: I’m not a candidate, there is not a vacancy, I fully support Theresa May and want her to continue. And I’m a backbench MP. In the whole history of the Prime Ministership, the party in office has never felt so desperate that it has dragged somebody from the obscurity of the backbenches to thrust them into the highest office. So the answer to your question is that it is simply not something that is going to happen.”.. - Jacob Rees-Mogg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A lot of people hold that view. You either think it's a life or you don't. How the child is conceived is irrelevant.

I don't think it's irrelevant in the slightest. I'll leave it here though, as I really don't want to waste any of my time arguing against Rees-Mogg. I have far more interesting things to do.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
..."Let me be absolutely clear: I’m not a candidate, there is not a vacancy, I fully support Theresa May and want her to continue. And I’m a backbench MP. In the whole history of the Prime Ministership, the party in office has never felt so desperate that it has dragged somebody from the obscurity of the backbenches to thrust them into the highest office. So the answer to your question is that it is simply not something that is going to happen.”.. - Jacob Rees-Mogg

So can you categorically say you will not run for leader then.
No answer
No answer
99.9% yes.

So if a girl is raped by a member of her own family you would be against her having an abortion...yes.

The man is a tosser with plums in his mouth.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I don't think it's irrelevant in the slightest. I'll leave it here though, as I really don't want to waste any of my time arguing against Rees-Mogg. I have far more interesting things to do.

That's ok. You think it's fine to kill an unborn child depending on how the child was conceived. I happen to think that all life is equally valuable.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

I cannot see JRM winning a leadership bid, the party has quite a few areas they need to be concerned about and looking modern is definitely one of them. The Scottish Tories yield more influence than perhaps most think, Ruth is a lesbian and any fracturing between the Westminister party and the Scottish party could damage them in the long run. Ruth has done very well in Scotland and in my opinion, very likeable.

She would need a seat first, I think. Actually, I'm not sure Douglas-Home had a seat at point of election.

She'd be pretty brutal and appeal to many 'white van' folk. Although in that strange modern liberal way.

In short, she may be electable for them.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
That's ok. You think it's fine to kill an unborn child depending on how the child was conceived. I happen to think that all life is equally valuable.

there is a view that life doesn't begin until birth.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
How do you square this equality with the life of the rape victim?

I'm not suggesting the rape victim be killed. The woman is alive. Take the baby to term and give the child up for adoption. There are many couples that would love the opportunity to have the child. What gives anyone the right to decide to kill another human being? It's either a life or it's not. I don't believe how the child is conceived matters.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm not suggesting the rape victim be killed. The woman is alive. Take the baby to term and give the child up for adoption. There are many couples that would love the opportunity to have the child. What gives anyone the right to decide to kill another human being? It's either a life or it's not. I don't believe how the child is conceived matters.

Its up to the woman in this case. Nobody should be forced to carry to term the child of someone who raped you.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Its up to the woman in this case. Nobody should be forced to carry to term the child of someone who raped you.

That's fine if that's what you think. I don't agree the women should be able to choose to kill a child out of convenience. The life of the child isn't any less because it's been conceived by rape.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

What do you think should happen to this hypothetical child when it's born? Who should raise it?

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
That's fine if that's what you think. I don't agree the women should be able to choose to kill a child out of convenience. The life of the child isn't any less because it's been conceived by rape.

Are you a women? do you know what it is like to go through child birth. Do you know what it feels like to be raped. If not, then you have no ducking clue and you never will. Makes me laugh how men think it OK to tell women what to do with their own bodies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here