Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Queue-it

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Just wanted to update myself with the away ticket situation and this 'count-down' panel comes up.... "BHA FC Queue Management". Sorry if fixtures but what's it all about Alfie?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Supposed to make it fairer by allocating a random place in the queue when the sale starts at 9am. Will also from 9am give you an indication of how long it will be before your turn to purchase tickets.

It does save clicking all the time to update.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
I think I missed the first use of "sorry if fixtures" and have seen it a number of times over the last month or so...what does it mean/what are its origins?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I think I missed the first use of "sorry if fixtures" and have seen it a number of times over the last month or so...what does it mean/what are its origins?

Fixtures became the buzz word to refer to a question that has been asked repeatedly on many threads. The phrase "sorry if fixtures" evolved from that and is a way of apologising for asking a question that may have asked and answered numerous times.

The origin is from repeated questions of when are the fixtures out every pre-season. It must have been around for at least 10 years now.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Queue-it worked for me as far as entry was concerned, but would not let me buy a ticket. Rang the ticket line and immediately connected to a young lady who sorted it out and ticket now on its way.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Fixtures became the buzz word to refer to a question that has been asked repeatedly on many threads. The phrase "sorry if fixtures" evolved from that and is a way of apologising for asking a question that may have asked and answered numerous times.

The origin is from repeated questions of when are the fixtures out every pre-season. It must have been around for at least 10 years now.

I was thinking about the "fixtures" thing the other day; is it something that originated on NSC, or is it common to other football message boards?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I was thinking about the "fixtures" thing the other day; is it something that originated on NSC, or is it common to other football message boards?

Pretty sure its unique to here, I think it originates from numerous threads asking when the fixtures come out back in the infancy of the board and because of that when threads like the GOSBTS ringtone ones started, when we all had Nokias, a new thread was met with "fixtures"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here