Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

5 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrong-Direction View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They still shouldn't have collapsed like a pack of cards, all the steel beneath was undamaged, if anything the tops should have fallen off sideways

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
    They would. They would never of toppled sideways.
    laws of science convince me more than a theory made up by a bunch of loons.
    Nearly every large building has a redundant design that allows for loss of one primary structural member, such as a column. However, when multiple members fail, the shifting loads eventually overstress the adjacent members and the collapse occurs like a row of dominoes falling down.

The perimeter tube design of the WTC was highly redundant. It survived the loss of several exterior columns due to aircraft impact, but the ensuing fire led to other steel failures.
    As the joists on one or two of the most heavily burned floors gave way and the outer box columns began to bow outward, the floors above them also fell. The floor below (with its 1,300 t design capacity) could not support the roughly 45,000 t of ten floors (or more) above crashing down on these angle clips. This started the domino effect that caused the buildings to collapse within ten seconds, hitting bottom with an estimated speed of 200 km per hour. If it had been free fall, with no restraint, the collapse would have only taken eight seconds and would have impacted at 300 km/h
    People like you have suggested it should of fallen sideways.
    It has been suggested that it was fortunate that the WTC did not tip over onto other buildings surrounding the area. There are several points that should be made. First, the building is not solid; it is 95 percent air and, hence, can implode onto itself. Second, there is no lateral load, even the impact of a speeding aircraft, which is sufficient to move the center of gravity one hundred feet to the side such that it is not within the base footprint of the structure. Third, given the near free-fall collapse, there was insufficient time for portions to attain significant lateral velocity. To summarize all of these points, a 500,000 t structure has too much inertia to fall in any direction other than nearly straight down.

Or as you say.
    a small select group stole 4 planes, planted explosives in 4 different buildings, crashed another plane into a field, got Bin Laden to take responsibility, fooled millions of people and killed or murdered thousands. And we believe that as the buildings didn't topple how we wanted them to
    And we wonder how people are brainwashed and recruited by terrorists over the internet

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by matbha View Post
      Would have been the biggest secret ever ,to bring down the towers like a demolition lots and lots of TNT would have been needed when the buildings had thousands of people going to work every day and not one of them saw anything
      As I said, months before all the lifts were out of action getting an "upgrade"

Nibble@Wrong-Direction is one of the biggest idiots on this board.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      I was always skeptical over the years and maybe only watched one programme on it years ago, but when you're watching ACTUAL structural engineers saying there's no way the buildings should've come down like that, it makes you think hmmm

They make a bit of cash on these things you know. Most of them aren't even practicing engineers when you do a bit of digging, which I'm sure you've done...

0 Not allowed!
      A plane did not hit the pentagon! Fact

worshipping Omiros

5 Not allowed!
      As we lost one of our own Robert Eaton , and quite a few of my work colleagues, not really sure this thread is entirely appropriate.
      " It's a certain kind of fool that likes to hear the sound of his own voice"
      The Eagles - Certain Kind of Fool. Desperado

0 Not allowed!
      And how the f*** did a bunch of terrorists know how to fly a plane!?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Publius Ovidius View Post
      As we lost one of our own Robert Eaton , and quite a few of my work colleagues, not really sure this thread is entirely appropriate.
      My dad played football with him which is partly why I started this thread, there's too many fishy unanswered questions for me but each to their own

Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by martin tyler View Post
      They would. They would never of toppled sideways.
      laws of science convince me more than a theory made up by a bunch of loons.
      Nearly every large building has a redundant design that allows for loss of one primary structural member, such as a column. However, when multiple members fail, the shifting loads eventually overstress the adjacent members and the collapse occurs like a row of dominoes falling down.

The perimeter tube design of the WTC was highly redundant. It survived the loss of several exterior columns due to aircraft impact, but the ensuing fire led to other steel failures.
      As the joists on one or two of the most heavily burned floors gave way and the outer box columns began to bow outward, the floors above them also fell. The floor below (with its 1,300 t design capacity) could not support the roughly 45,000 t of ten floors (or more) above crashing down on these angle clips. This started the domino effect that caused the buildings to collapse within ten seconds, hitting bottom with an estimated speed of 200 km per hour. If it had been free fall, with no restraint, the collapse would have only taken eight seconds and would have impacted at 300 km/h
      People like you have suggested it should of fallen sideways.
      It has been suggested that it was fortunate that the WTC did not tip over onto other buildings surrounding the area. There are several points that should be made. First, the building is not solid; it is 95 percent air and, hence, can implode onto itself. Second, there is no lateral load, even the impact of a speeding aircraft, which is sufficient to move the center of gravity one hundred feet to the side such that it is not within the base footprint of the structure. Third, given the near free-fall collapse, there was insufficient time for portions to attain significant lateral velocity. To summarize all of these points, a 500,000 t structure has too much inertia to fall in any direction other than nearly straight down.

Or as you say.
      a small select group stole 4 planes, planted explosives in 4 different buildings, crashed another plane into a field, got Bin Laden to take responsibility, fooled millions of people and killed or murdered thousands. And we believe that as the buildings didn't topple how we wanted them to
      And we wonder how people are brainwashed and recruited by terrorists over the internet
      Well said. The outer skin forming a structural purpose was pretty much reduced by 25% across 3 or 4 floors, just by the impact of the plane. Most fire protection resists fire, not a plan crash so plasterboard, linings etc. completely and instantaneously stripped by the impact. Then you add a simultaneous intense fire across multle floors - even on the day itself, I was with architectural colleges and honestly the surprise was how long they stayed stood up. The weight of everything above the impact zone, the damage from the crash and subsequent fires, the cumulative failures that added up to the eventual catastrophic collapses, people want some alternative narrative, but it really is what it is.
      Members

3 Not allowed!
      And how the f*** did a bunch of terrorists know how to fly a plane!?

They enrolled in a flying school. This information is freely available if you care to look for it.
      Not this again.
      Cock-knobs!

1 Not allowed!
      They needed mass public outcry to declare war

a) When has the US needed an excuse to declare war?
      b) Would blowing up the World Trade Centre with everyone in it not be enough to cause public outcry then?