Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 380
  1. #71

    5 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrong-Direction View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They still shouldn't have collapsed like a pack of cards, all the steel beneath was undamaged, if anything the tops should have fallen off sideways

    Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
    They would. They would never of toppled sideways.
    laws of science convince me more than a theory made up by a bunch of loons.
    Nearly every large building has a redundant design that allows for loss of one primary structural member, such as a column. However, when multiple members fail, the shifting loads eventually overstress the adjacent members and the collapse occurs like a row of dominoes falling down.

    The perimeter tube design of the WTC was highly redundant. It survived the loss of several exterior columns due to aircraft impact, but the ensuing fire led to other steel failures.
    As the joists on one or two of the most heavily burned floors gave way and the outer box columns began to bow outward, the floors above them also fell. The floor below (with its 1,300 t design capacity) could not support the roughly 45,000 t of ten floors (or more) above crashing down on these angle clips. This started the domino effect that caused the buildings to collapse within ten seconds, hitting bottom with an estimated speed of 200 km per hour. If it had been free fall, with no restraint, the collapse would have only taken eight seconds and would have impacted at 300 km/h
    People like you have suggested it should of fallen sideways.
    It has been suggested that it was fortunate that the WTC did not tip over onto other buildings surrounding the area. There are several points that should be made. First, the building is not solid; it is 95 percent air and, hence, can implode onto itself. Second, there is no lateral load, even the impact of a speeding aircraft, which is sufficient to move the center of gravity one hundred feet to the side such that it is not within the base footprint of the structure. Third, given the near free-fall collapse, there was insufficient time for portions to attain significant lateral velocity. To summarize all of these points, a 500,000 t structure has too much inertia to fall in any direction other than nearly straight down.

    Or as you say.
    a small select group stole 4 planes, planted explosives in 4 different buildings, crashed another plane into a field, got Bin Laden to take responsibility, fooled millions of people and killed or murdered thousands. And we believe that as the buildings didn't topple how we wanted them to
    And we wonder how people are brainwashed and recruited by terrorists over the internet

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #72

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by matbha View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Would have been the biggest secret ever ,to bring down the towers like a demolition lots and lots of TNT would have been needed when the buildings had thousands of people going to work every day and not one of them saw anything
      As I said, months before all the lifts were out of action getting an "upgrade"

      Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
      Nibble@Wrong-Direction is one of the biggest idiots on this board.
    • #73
      Members
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Location
      Hove
      Posts
      15,672


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Wrong-Direction View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I was always skeptical over the years and maybe only watched one programme on it years ago, but when you're watching ACTUAL structural engineers saying there's no way the buildings should've come down like that, it makes you think hmmm

      Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
      They make a bit of cash on these things you know. Most of them aren't even practicing engineers when you do a bit of digging, which I'm sure you've done...
    • #74

      0 Not allowed!
      A plane did not hit the pentagon! Fact

      Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
      Nibble@Wrong-Direction is one of the biggest idiots on this board.
    • #75
      worshipping Omiros
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      at home
      Posts
      39,593


      5 Not allowed!
      As we lost one of our own Robert Eaton , and quite a few of my work colleagues, not really sure this thread is entirely appropriate.
      " It's a certain kind of fool that likes to hear the sound of his own voice"
      The Eagles - Certain Kind of Fool. Desperado
    • #76

      0 Not allowed!
      And how the f*** did a bunch of terrorists know how to fly a plane!?

      Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
      Nibble@Wrong-Direction is one of the biggest idiots on this board.
    • #77

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Publius Ovidius View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      As we lost one of our own Robert Eaton , and quite a few of my work colleagues, not really sure this thread is entirely appropriate.
      My dad played football with him which is partly why I started this thread, there's too many fishy unanswered questions for me but each to their own

      Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
      Nibble@Wrong-Direction is one of the biggest idiots on this board.
    • #78
      Members
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Location
      Hove
      Posts
      15,672


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by martin tyler View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      They would. They would never of toppled sideways.
      laws of science convince me more than a theory made up by a bunch of loons.
      Nearly every large building has a redundant design that allows for loss of one primary structural member, such as a column. However, when multiple members fail, the shifting loads eventually overstress the adjacent members and the collapse occurs like a row of dominoes falling down.

      The perimeter tube design of the WTC was highly redundant. It survived the loss of several exterior columns due to aircraft impact, but the ensuing fire led to other steel failures.
      As the joists on one or two of the most heavily burned floors gave way and the outer box columns began to bow outward, the floors above them also fell. The floor below (with its 1,300 t design capacity) could not support the roughly 45,000 t of ten floors (or more) above crashing down on these angle clips. This started the domino effect that caused the buildings to collapse within ten seconds, hitting bottom with an estimated speed of 200 km per hour. If it had been free fall, with no restraint, the collapse would have only taken eight seconds and would have impacted at 300 km/h
      People like you have suggested it should of fallen sideways.
      It has been suggested that it was fortunate that the WTC did not tip over onto other buildings surrounding the area. There are several points that should be made. First, the building is not solid; it is 95 percent air and, hence, can implode onto itself. Second, there is no lateral load, even the impact of a speeding aircraft, which is sufficient to move the center of gravity one hundred feet to the side such that it is not within the base footprint of the structure. Third, given the near free-fall collapse, there was insufficient time for portions to attain significant lateral velocity. To summarize all of these points, a 500,000 t structure has too much inertia to fall in any direction other than nearly straight down.

      Or as you say.
      a small select group stole 4 planes, planted explosives in 4 different buildings, crashed another plane into a field, got Bin Laden to take responsibility, fooled millions of people and killed or murdered thousands. And we believe that as the buildings didn't topple how we wanted them to
      And we wonder how people are brainwashed and recruited by terrorists over the internet
      Well said. The outer skin forming a structural purpose was pretty much reduced by 25% across 3 or 4 floors, just by the impact of the plane. Most fire protection resists fire, not a plan crash so plasterboard, linings etc. completely and instantaneously stripped by the impact. Then you add a simultaneous intense fire across multle floors - even on the day itself, I was with architectural colleges and honestly the surprise was how long they stayed stood up. The weight of everything above the impact zone, the damage from the crash and subsequent fires, the cumulative failures that added up to the eventual catastrophic collapses, people want some alternative narrative, but it really is what it is.
    • #79
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Sussex
      Posts
      2,771


      3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Wrong-Direction View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      And how the f*** did a bunch of terrorists know how to fly a plane!?

      Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
      They enrolled in a flying school. This information is freely available if you care to look for it.
      Not this again.
    • #80
      Cock-knobs!
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      Location
      Coventry
      Posts
      2,688


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Wrong-Direction View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      They needed mass public outcry to declare war

      Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
      a) When has the US needed an excuse to declare war?
      b) Would blowing up the World Trade Centre with everyone in it not be enough to cause public outcry then?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •