Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So was 9/11 an inside job or not? (merged)

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Conspiracy theories concerning 9/11 are numerous, I tend to think of them sitting on a slide scale of probability. Just because you think one or two are probable it doesn't mean you buy into the really extreme ones or indeed all of them. For the really incredulous ones you would need a cast of hundreds in on it. For the less incredulous ones you need only a few decision makers making specific choices.

As per the podcast I referred to earlier, the political motivation for an attack on Iraq was huge. I'm not interested in the temperature of steel etc which seems to go to topic in 9/11 threads. But look at the figures behind and around Bush, they were itching to get into Iraq for numerous reasons. If you think govts wouldn't be interested in allowing an attack or lying about one to set a political agenda check out Operation Northwoods and the Gulf of Tonkin incident, both on wiki.

I really cannot recommend the podcast by The Last Podcast from the Left. They aren't conspiracy nuts and shoot down more or less every conspiracy theory there is, however, the dissection of the political figures around Bush at the time is terrifying. Bush seems to have been a puppet figure controlled them the entire time.
So why was it made to look like an attack by Saudi-backed terrorists based in Afghanistan? Seems a bit stupid to go to all that trouble to frame the wrong people...

Yoda

English & European
Hence why so many people don't believe it sank, and in-fact carried on and completed its voyage and is now hiding somewhere in Cuba.

I thought it was swapped with her sister ship and that was the one that was sunk and Titanic sailed under a different name for the rest of her life.

(Or is that for another thread?)

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I thought it was swapped with her sister ship and that was the one that was sunk and Titanic sailed under a different name for the rest of her life.

(Or is that for another thread?)

This is true. They actually did the swap over whilst Kate Winslet got her knockers out. Both trickery and illusionary combined at its finest.

PS The Titanic's new name goes as 'Nicole'. (keep it quiet!)

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
So why was it made to look like an attack by Saudi-backed terrorists based in Afghanistan? Seems a bit stupid to go to all that trouble to frame the wrong people...

I seem to remember at the time the Saudi involvement being kept quiet. Does remind me of that cracking Family Guy skit:
Brian Griffin: Peter, this is the site of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
Peter Griffin: Oh so Saddam Hussein did this?
Brian Griffin: No.
Peter Griffin: The Iraqi army?
Peter Griffin: Some guys from Iraq?
Peter Griffin: That one lady who visited Iraq that one time?
Brian Griffin: No, Peter Iraq had nothing to do with this, it was a bunch of Saudi Arabians, Lebanese, and Egyptians financed by a Saudi Arabian guy living in Afghanistan and sheltered by Pakistanis.
Peter Griffin: So you're saying we need to invade Iran?

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Conspiracy theories concerning 9/11 are numerous, I tend to think of them sitting on a slide scale of probability. Just because you think one or two are probable it doesn't mean you buy into the really extreme ones or indeed all of them. For the really incredulous ones you would need a cast of hundreds in on it. For the less incredulous ones you need only a few decision makers making specific choices.

As per the podcast I referred to earlier, the political motivation for an attack on Iraq was huge. I'm not interested in the temperature of steel etc which seems to go to topic in 9/11 threads. But look at the figures behind and around Bush, they were itching to get into Iraq for numerous reasons. If you think govts wouldn't be interested in allowing an attack or lying about one to set a political agenda check out Operation Northwoods and the Gulf of Tonkin incident, both on wiki.

I really cannot recommend the podcast by The Last Podcast from the Left. They aren't conspiracy nuts and shoot down more or less every conspiracy theory there is, however, the dissection of the political figures around Bush at the time is terrifying. Bush seems to have been a puppet figure controlled them the entire time.

I listened to this podcast on your recommendation. If you can get past the annoying over-the-top Americanism and impressions that I don't really get the reference to, it's quite good. Definitely some interesting stuff raised, especially about Dick Cheney.

The conspiracy discussed in this podcast isn't about a hologram flying into the towers and the U.S. attacking itself or any of the crackpot stuff that people like Wrong Direction watch on youtube and get all excited about. It's more about how certain sections of the U.S. top brass could have done more to prevent 9/11 happening, but didn't, and clearly weren't too disappointed when it did. Also discusses the tangled web of money and connections between the Bush and Bin Laden families, and Cheyney's oil corporation (that made billions from the ensuing wars) ties.

I wouldn't say it's convinced me, but it certainly makes me question some of the policies in that era. There were clearly some pretty shady things going on around that time.

Last edited:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I listened to this podcast on your recommendation. If you can get past the annoying over-the-top Americanism and impressions that I don't really get the reference to, it's quite good. Definitely some interesting stuff raised, especially about Dick Cheney.

The conspiracy discussed in this podcast isn't about a hologram flying into the towers and the U.S. attacking itself or any of the crackpot stuff that people like Wrong Direction watch on youtube and get all excited about. It's more about how certain sections of the U.S. top brass could have done more to prevent 9/11 happening, but didn't, and clearly weren't too disappointed when it did. Also discusses the tangled web of money and connections between the Bush and Bin Laden families, and Cheyney's oil corporation (that made billions from the ensuing wars) ties.

I wouldn't say it's convinced me, but it certainly makes me question some of the policies around that time. There were clearly some pretty shady things going on around that time.

I listened to it too, and I thought it was very interesting. The first 9/11 episode though was just harrowing, a genuinely upsetting recap of the day itself. I thought it set up the second episode that looked at the politics and debunked the crackpot conspiracies very well.

Thank goodness they uncovered the real truth in episode 3.(It was Ozzy's fault).

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
I listened to it too, and I thought it was very interesting. The first 9/11 episode though was just harrowing, a genuinely upsetting recap of the day itself. I thought it set up the second episode that looked at the politics and debunked the crackpot conspiracies very well.

Thank goodness they uncovered the real truth in episode 3.(It was Ozzy's fault).

The 1st episode is harrowing, but you kind of need to listen to it because it sets up the 2nd one. Haven't listened to episode 3 yet, so thanks for ruining it for me.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
It's more about how certain sections of the U.S. top brass could have done more to prevent 9/11 happening, but didn't, and clearly weren't too disappointed when it did. Also discusses the tangled web of money and connections between the Bush and Bin Laden families, and Cheyney's oil corporation (that made billions from the ensuing wars) ties.

None of that is conspiracy, surely? I thought that was all well-established fact?

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
None of that is conspiracy, surely? I thought that was all well-established fact?

'Conspiracy' is probably he wrong word, but they talk in detail about a lot of that side of things that I wasn't fully aware of.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011

Glad you liked it, the key aspect for me was what was going on behind the scenes. It does set up Bush as simply a puppet to a number of figures who had varying interests.

The big problem I have with any debate concerning conspiracy theories is that if you question the standard account of things you're thrown into the pot with some genuine eccentrics. This extends to you supporting all conspiracy theories ever, so questioning the validity of 9/11 and asking some questions now means you must believe in fake moon landings and lizard people.

In some ways this is symbolic of debate at the moment, middle ground is not allowed, you are either team A or B. That's why I thought the podcasts were really good as they detached the more rational questions and examined motivations.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011

I think the podcast also argues for tenuous associations between Bin Laden and 9/11. The US even going so far as releasing a faked tape showing Bin Laden celebrating, then removing it when people were pointing out how obviously fake it was. Anyhoo, best to check out the podcast as they outline this better than I could.

Hence why so many people don't believe it sank, and in-fact carried on and completed its voyage and is now hiding somewhere in Cuba.

No it was swapped with the "Oceanic" in an insurance scam allegedly.

.....And I don't believe that either.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here