Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Stoke to continue with free coach travel to away games

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Fifth season of free coach travel for Potters' fans. Seems to be working for them, too:

“Last season we took an average of 1,896 fans to away games, an increase of 40 per cent on the away support we took to games before we introduced free travel.

“Before 2013, we were taking an average of three or four official supporters’ coaches to away games but now we’re taking an average of 14 coaches to each game.

More >>> http://www.stokecityfc.com/news/city-continue-with-free-coach-travel

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Club owned by a local lad who made his millions through bookmaking with splendid gesture to fans.

Hats off to Peter Coates.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I guess it wouldn't happen where we are concerned. I assume, for this season anyway, that most away games will sell out- minus maybe places like Huddersfield Town, Burnley and Newcastle United. Be interesting to see.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Just a touch of realism to add to a fabulous gesture but look at their geographic location and imagine how much more it would cost for Tony to do the same.
As someone whose home games involve a 400 mile round trip I promise you it is eyewatering :lol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I can really see the attraction of a free bus ride out of that shit hole.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Welching bookie

True but you could place a wager equivalent to the cost of away travel every other week on cautious odds and be (relatively) relaxed if they didn't come in. Need to be disciplined mind.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just a touch of realism to add to a fabulous gesture but look at their geographic location and imagine how much more it would cost for Tony to do the same.
As someone whose home games involve a 400 mile round trip I promise you it is eyewatering :lol:

A very relevant point.

And would there be uproar if BARBER (he'd personally get the blame) stopped the scheme on a return to the Championship due to the return of £30m annual losses?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Do they stop at a pig farm on the side of a motorway en route?

:lolol:

Any opportunity to re-post the picture of Petee making the final leg of his journey to Norwich (away) gratefully seized...

maxresdefault (2).jpg

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Would it cost a lot more? Palace, West Ham, Arsenal,
Spurs, Chelsea, Southampton, Watford and Plucky Little Bournemouth all within 80 miles.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here