Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I've played on the diamond they built as the film set on a farm near Dyersville in Iowa. It's only about 30 miles from my Mom-in-Law's house.

My mate went there and told me its a bit sad because the owner of the farm and the owner of the field are two different people and they don't get on so his illusions were a bit shattered.

"Is this heaven?"

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
When i was a kid i loved a film called Yesterday's Hero starring Iain McShane, looking back it was probably loosely based on George Best, although he was still playing at the time, just.

Havent seen it in probably 30-35 years so might think its crap now, anyone else remember it?

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
My mate went there and told me its a bit sad because the owner of the farm and the owner of the field are two different people and they don't get on so his illusions were a bit shattered.

"Is this heaven?"

"No it's Iowa". That line always gets a big cheer when shown anywhere in Iowa.

It's definitely not a wow factor destination, so if you want to keep your movie magic memories then give it a swerve.

Galena, Illinois is nearby too, where they filmed Burt Lancaster as Moonlight Graham. Galena is a very nice and genuinely old town and has become a popular location with tourists (American, not international).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here