Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jamie Murphy

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Personally I think both Skalak and KLL have the potential to do something worthy in the premier league, but I don't see it with Murphy, perfectly decent player with a good all round game but nothing overly special in any one area. In the premier league I think you need to have something 'extra' whether its Skalak's dead-ball delivery or KLL's ability to beat someone.

I'm not surprised Murphy is more popular than either of those, though, and he's a decent squad player

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Still it's always nice to be able to stick the boot into Jiri.

Boooo Booooo Boooooo

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I suspect that we would. Decent player but has not really shown for me that he would cut it in the PL. I like the player but anything north of £4m has to be considered IMO although given the struggle we have had securing players it would be nice to have a replacement sorted first.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
He's definitely earned a chance to play in the premier league. Personally I think he's one of the more disciplined wingers we have, putting in the hard graft when the team is under pressure. £4 million would be a giveaway.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I suspect that we would. Decent player but has not really shown for me that he would cut it in the PL. I like the player but anything north of £4m has to be considered IMO although given the struggle we have had securing players it would be nice to have a replacement sorted first.

He doesn't have to show you that he would cut it in the Prem, he has to show the people that matter, and they seem quite happy to keep him.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
£4 million is nowhere near enough. I think he's one of our better wingers and with us playing on the break he's got to be ideal with the pace and directness he brings and he always chips in with a few goals as well. I wouldn't let him go for less that £10 million for sure. Defiantly good enough for the squad and very under rated player

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
Have read somewhere that Ghent want £4-5m extra than we are currently offering for Moses Simon. Selling Murphy could make up the shortfall for hopefully an upgraded winger.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
£4 million is nowhere near enough. I think he's one of our better wingers and with us playing on the break he's got to be ideal with the pace and directness he brings and he always chips in with a few goals as well. I wouldn't let him go for less that £10 million for sure. Defiantly good enough for the squad and very under rated player
This....We most probably will be on the back foot in most games, he is capable of a very quick break and score one or two goals.....remember Reading at home, cool head on the break.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I think if Celtic or Rangers came in for him it may become more interesting as Murphy may want to take up that opportunity and ask for a move. However with signings still to be made and uncertainty about Knockaerts injury the last thing we need is to lose any wingers.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Madness to sell for 4M. Would need to be double for us even to consider.

Not as if I would be confident in bringing in a replacement either considering our transfer business thus far.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I can't see why Murphy would want to leave a Prem club now - even if he sits on the bench all season he'll still have the same clubs interested in him this time next year.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
He doesn't have to show you that he would cut it in the Prem, he has to show the people that matter, and they seem quite happy to keep him.

I think I am correct in thinking that Murphy takes up one place in our 17 allowed foreign players and could be sacrificed if they need to release a place in the 25, that is if we start to become successful in bringing some more foreign signings.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Can't see this happening unless he wants to go.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I'd keep him. One of the best we have at getting us from one end of the pitch to the other at pace. Worthy PL squad player and we might be needing him again in the Championship again next year if he extends. Think he's been a bit unlucky not to play more.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I like the Murph. He runs in a straight line usually, but has the initial burst to nip past, and can sprint with control. Can see him working in a 5 man midfield too, making that run through at the right time. All depends on what assurances he wants for a starting place, and what we have up our sleeves in the way of signings.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here