Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jamie Murphy

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
My guess is JM wants a new and "Improved contract ".My advice to Jamie is watch out ,or Mr Bloom will do a "Stockdale " on him.

We will sell him or he'll get a new deal, I can't see us letting him leave for nothing at the end of the season. I think he'll get a new deal.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Murphy can go past defenders like they're not there and gets through his share of defensive duties too. The trouble is that if you sit behind a goal or low down in the east or west you get a shortened view of the pitch so can't always appreciate what individual players are doing or how they fit with the managers tactics.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO....I need someone to BOOOOOOOO.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I never thought of Skalak as great defensively in the slighest. Instead I felt sorry for the LB's when he leaves them exposed after mucking up a great move by the team.

His crossing and corners for a while were immense, but even that has largely disappeared.

I like Murphy's pace on the counter and awareness of team mates.

Then we disagree on the defensive side. Skalak does track back, whereas Murphy tends to ball watch too much, and is also very weak in the challenge.

The pace thing is a good point and Murphy is good on the counter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Murphy can go past defenders like they're not there and gets through his share of defensive duties too. The trouble is that if you sit behind a goal or low down in the east or west you get a shortened view of the pitch so can't always appreciate what individual players are doing or how they fit with the managers tactics.

Can't ever remembering Murphy going past defenders like they are not there

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
He struggled to get in the team when he was fit...assuming we are just about to lash out millions on Brazilians and Argentinians, he is hardly likely to make the 25 cut

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
....... and the small fact he's one of a few in the squad who doesn't seem to have a song.
We'd better resolve that then. How about to the tune of "Ferry Cross the Mersey"............
"Oh Jamie, Jamie Murphy
Oh he's got the pace we love...."
I've got writers block for the rest but I'm sure he'll appreciate the effort and it might stop him feeling left out. Hope he doesn't read this thread or it'll ruin the surprise.

Apr 15, 2016
N1D
I'd take 4 million for Murphy any day. A good winger however he is very inconsistent, and I perosnally don't feel he is good enough for the EPL and will get hardly any game time. We should defiantly bring in a left midfielder/winger even if he doesn't leave.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

I agree he can go past players but problem is he then fails to deliver a telling pass or cross! Like I said earlier, he's got skill but doesn't know how to use it. By the way, I have an excellent view in the Upper West.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I've had an excellent view from all stands, except the away section, and have enjoyed watching Murphy's attacking, counter attacking, direct and link up play. I like the way he works with the strikers and fellow midfielders.

You wouldn't claim he's a star that lit up the Championship, but he was more consistent, pacey and tenacious than Skalak.

Skalak had a purple patch when his great crossing and corners led to seemingly endless goals, but seems a very long way back now. Opposition teams must have worked out how to negate his only weopon.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here