Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamie Murphy

The great escape British Bulldog's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    I'd sell along with Norwood, Neither are Prem quality.
    She's got her knickers in a twist again

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Garry Nelson's Left Foot View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      On the one hand we have fans fretting about our slow work in the transfer market and our current inability to secure the players we need to fill the holes we have in our squad.

On the other we have fans who are willing to sell a player who is currently battling for our second winger spot. For four million.

We're not in the championship anymore, 4million isn't a big chunk of change. Certainly it isn't for someone who has a good chance(as things stand) of starting against Man City on opening day. And, if we do fail to sign the players we need to stay up, he's a proven, promotion winning, championship level player. Why the **** would we want to give him away for a pittance?
      Exactly. We've got to half expect to get relegated, and if that happens we absolutely need players like Murphy. But that assumes he's not effective in the Prem, which he might yet prove to be.
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by StonehamPark View Post
      I'm a fan of Murphy's.
      Murphy and AK our best wingers imo
      This.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      KLL and Skalak not a hope of playing. Murphy is OK and could do well. Just needs to mix it up a little and go on outside more to get a cross in. To be honest same could be said of Knockhaert who in last third of season hardly ever beat back on outside.

0 Not allowed!
      It all depends on whether we would have replacements lined up.
      Football. F**king football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor, half-alive B*stards. - Danny Baker
      Members
      Bitterne,Southampton, close to the M27 and 65 miles from the Temple of Bloom.

0 Not allowed!
      I tend to think we shouldn't sell any of our established first team players yet. Okay, looking through slightly rose tinted specs here, we are venturing in to the unknown and it could just be that players like Murphy might actually be better in the Premier League than the Championship. Ever the eternal optimist, me!
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      So we would be down to an injured Knockaert, March, Skalak and KLL for a Premier League season? We shouldn't consider selling anyone until we have replaced them imo.

I like Murphy btw, he can frustrate and thrill in equal measure though.
      Falmer, concrete proof that if you build it they will come

0 Not allowed!
      I still think of him as our number 4 winger (yes, I know that's sacrilege to Skalak haters) so it might be logical to let him go if we can get a decent price for him - and more importantly if we've got his (much better) replacement signed and sealed. If £4M is being talked about, could maybe be pushed up to £5 or £6M perhaps. Out of interest, how much was the undisclosed fee we paid for him, anyone know?
      Perhaps KLL could be included in the deal, to free up his wages?
      Broad Blue & White stripe perseus's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      My player reckoned most likely to improve to Premier League standard like Peter O'Sullivan did nearly 40 years ago. He might be the best J Murphy!

Needing to win a game I would prefer both Solly March and Lualua off the bench. This could change and one rung of that change was his goal against Dusseldorf. I did not think he played very well in the second half up to then.

He, like others, have at least a year left on his contract to prove himself.
      Last edited by perseus; 17-07-2017 at 17:20.

Brighton = blue
      Albion = white
      Hove = just a little gold necklace stripe

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by British Bulldog View Post
      I'd sell along with Norwood, Neither are Prem quality.
      The club have said they are open to interest for Norwood, but not mentioned Murphy, so they must consider Murphy is good enough.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/1533...elder_Norwood/
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed. -Mark Twain