Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamie Murphy

Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ewe2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My guess is JM wants a new and "Improved contract ".My advice to Jamie is watch out ,or Mr Bloom will do a "Stockdale " on him.
    We will sell him or he'll get a new deal, I can't see us letting him leave for nothing at the end of the season. I think he'll get a new deal.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Murphy can go past defenders like they're not there and gets through his share of defensive duties too. The trouble is that if you sit behind a goal or low down in the east or west you get a shortened view of the pitch so can't always appreciate what individual players are doing or how they fit with the managers tactics.
      Needless to say I have had a totally shit day and am as pissed off as anyone.

CPFC 2010 on BBS 17/03/13
      worshipping Omiros

0 Not allowed!
      NOOOOOOOOOOOOO....I need someone to BOOOOOOOO.
      " It's a certain kind of fool that likes to hear the sound of his own voice"
      The Eagles - Certain Kind of Fool. Desperado
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
      I never thought of Skalak as great defensively in the slighest. Instead I felt sorry for the LB's when he leaves them exposed after mucking up a great move by the team.

His crossing and corners for a while were immense, but even that has largely disappeared.

I like Murphy's pace on the counter and awareness of team mates.
      Then we disagree on the defensive side. Skalak does track back, whereas Murphy tends to ball watch too much, and is also very weak in the challenge.

The pace thing is a good point and Murphy is good on the counter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by the wanderbus View Post
      Murphy can go past defenders like they're not there and gets through his share of defensive duties too. The trouble is that if you sit behind a goal or low down in the east or west you get a shortened view of the pitch so can't always appreciate what individual players are doing or how they fit with the managers tactics.
      Can't ever remembering Murphy going past defenders like they are not there
      worshipping Omiros

0 Not allowed!
      He struggled to get in the team when he was fit...assuming we are just about to lash out millions on Brazilians and Argentinians, he is hardly likely to make the 25 cut
      " It's a certain kind of fool that likes to hear the sound of his own voice"
      The Eagles - Certain Kind of Fool. Desperado
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Chinman3000 View Post
      ....... and the small fact he's one of a few in the squad who doesn't seem to have a song.
      We'd better resolve that then. How about to the tune of "Ferry Cross the Mersey"............
      "Oh Jamie, Jamie Murphy
      Oh he's got the pace we love...."
      I've got writers block for the rest but I'm sure he'll appreciate the effort and it might stop him feeling left out. Hope he doesn't read this thread or it'll ruin the surprise.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I'd take 4 million for Murphy any day. A good winger however he is very inconsistent, and I perosnally don't feel he is good enough for the EPL and will get hardly any game time. We should defiantly bring in a left midfielder/winger even if he doesn't leave.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by the wanderbus View Post
      I agree he can go past players but problem is he then fails to deliver a telling pass or cross! Like I said earlier, he's got skill but doesn't know how to use it. By the way, I have an excellent view in the Upper West.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Guinness Boy View Post
      I like Murphy and I think we're still to see his best. Knockaert & March are our 2 best singers but he's a close 3rd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      And you're making this judgment on the basis of their post-match contributions on the 17th April?