Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most intimidating away day

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
Another vote for Everton away 1979. We got taken to the ground but had to make our own way back to the station, not fun got chased by Everton fans most of the way back.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Leighton Town 1992 Ryman Div 3. Walking to the ground got ambushed between 2 Pubs with CS Gas and an assortment of weapons including a Baseball Bat ,Coshes and one lad ended up with stitches from a Machete. Aggro followed in the ground as Stewards tried to Keep fans apart .

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Seeing as I'm not an old fart yet I'll go for when West ham smashed us 6-0 a few years back, all got off the train dying for a piss and picked their main pub to go in, queuing up to use the bogs in the basement whilst they bellowed out "we'll be blowing bubbles" we left sharpish after some cottoned on we were brighton

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

Definitely Millwall........and here are the highlights from that game!

Great to see again, didn't really show the atmosphere that was inside the ground that evening, which could only be described as electric.
Mickey Small took no prisoners.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
I remember Cambridge away in the 80's when we were told we couldn't have any onions on our burgers because the local residents complained about the smell. Terrifying..

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Millwall in the Plsy Off was bad, a friend of mine was on police duty that night , told me we were locked in because Millwall were having an annual end of season brawl with the police.
Southampton at The Dell was always intimidating coming out of the away end was never pleasant.

D

Deleted member 2719

We were behind the goal and spurs mob came piling through the crowd from the back punching as many as possible and just ran out of steam before reaching ourselves,home game was also intresting

Was there a short guy with short hair and a pullover on wading in.:whistle:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Seeing as I'm not an old fart yet I'll go for when West ham smashed us 6-0 a few years back, all got off the train dying for a piss and picked their main pub to go in, queuing up to use the bogs in the basement whilst they bellowed out "we're be blowing bubbles" we left sharpish after some cottoned on we were brighton

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Maybe they were so fat, their bum holes were below the water line?

Eurobound

Brazil 2014- here we come
Nov 3, 2003
West Ham away 29-08-80. My birthday. No segregation those days- just an area where all Brighton were
Started of "Give us a Beeeee" bout 1000 fans joined in , little mouthy geeser came up to me and said did you start that song
i replied something like" who the f*** do you think did" and he floored me one punch
Was with about 6 or 7 other Brighton guys, punch up ensued, and the lad (Preston Angmering) who i met on the train upto the game stood up and said "Ive been stabbed" looked at blood on his hand, then collapsed. St Johns came in, carted him off, never saw him again

(Thanks chap- o u 1, andhope u were OK- i did try find out)

Was put in a big cell block below the ground, with loads others both sides, then come half time they threw us out- and i went straight back in, watching my back all the time

Not the only intimidating away game i must ad- Millwall, Burnley (Yep- 30 of us on a Tuesday night, Teddy Maybank 1st game i think- won 1-3) Tottenham, Preston, Blackburn (They got onto a seagull special train and wrecked it) Herefrod (In there end!)....lots. Happy days Ha!

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Millwall 76 was not great tbf with Brighton and Millwall both going for promotion and the good friday clash at the old den a good 5000 Brighton but segregation fell apart,the 3-1 home win knocked us out the top three and put millwall in our place.
Only been to the New Den with Bradford and seems a different ball game.
Christ, I remember that one well. So squashed my feet came off the terracing. One of my first away games and it was full on. Got a right tonking and it really put paid to our promotion hopes. Still, a certain Peter Ward came on as sub in the next game at Aldershot and scored the equaliser and the following season along came Alan Mullery and the rest is history.

Christ, I remember that one well. So squashed my feet came off the terracing. One of my first away games and it was full on. Got a right tonking and it really put paid to our promotion hopes. Still, a certain Peter Ward came on as sub in the next game at Aldershot and scored the equaliser and the following season along came Alan Mullery and the rest is history.
Aldershot away was the following day and we took a good 5000 and played the bullies that day.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Leighton Town 1992 Ryman Div 3. Walking to the ground got ambushed between 2 Pubs with CS Gas and an assortment of weapons including a Baseball Bat ,Coshes and one lad ended up with stitches from a Machete. Aggro followed in the ground as Stewards tried to Keep fans apart .

What upset them?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
My first away game and had to go to the ground to get match tickets from a pompey player,Brighton mob turned up but got run by pompey(much to Portsmouth surprise tbf:moo:

Much the same happened at the Pompey game a couple of years lat

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
West Ham away 29-08-80. My birthday. No segregation those days- just an area where all Brighton were
Started of "Give us a Beeeee" bout 1000 fans joined in , little mouthy geeser came up to me and said did you start that song
i replied something like" who the f*** do you think did" and he floored me one punch
Was with about 6 or 7 other Brighton guys, punch up ensued, and the lad (Preston Angmering) who i met on the train upto the game stood up and said "Ive been stabbed" looked at blood on his hand, then collapsed. St Johns came in, carted him off, never saw him again

(Thanks chap- o u 1, andhope u were OK- i did try find out)

Was put in a big cell block below the ground, with loads others both sides, then come half time they threw us out- and i went straight back in, watching my back all the time

Not the only intimidating away game i must ad- Millwall, Burnley (Yep- 30 of us on a Tuesday night, Teddy Maybank 1st game i think- won 1-3) Tottenham, Preston, Blackburn (They got onto a seagull special train and wrecked it) Herefrod (In there end!)....lots. Happy days Ha!

Yep remember the Burnley game!

Luton away was a horrible day...before teddy maybanks time

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Aldershot away was the following day and we took a good 5000 and played the bullies that day.

Now that was my first away game. TBH I thought we brought nearer 8,000 (in a crowd of 11,000).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here