Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most intimidating away day

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
I remember going up to Old Trafford for the league cup in 1992 and the United fans spent most of the game pelting us with coins and the walk back to the car was quite intimidating for a young chap!

That was before they did the place up. I've just googled it and see that the attendance that day was only 25k, which is hard to believe given what they get there week in week out nowadays! (We lost 1-0 by the way. Andy Kennedy days)

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Millwall away, play off semi final 2nd leg.

Just to elaborate on this, getting there was pretty uneventful. I'd wrongly thought that having turned them over 4-1 in the first leg, they wouldn't be interested and we'd take over the place. Turning up, they had about 18,000 there while we had just a few hundred. Stood down near the front until a lump of concrete landed at my feet, so moved back a bit.

I remember being quite pleased when they scored as they may lay attention to the game but we ended winning 2-1 and it turned into the most incredible atmosphere. I think John Robinson scored the 2nd and instead of celebrating turned round and ran back to the half way line.

At the end of the game we were kept in for ages while they lit a bonfire in the stand to the left and burnt policeman's hats. When we finally got out we couldn't move anywhere. Hundreds of police and horses trying to get us to the station while anything the Millwall fans could get hold of came flying over the top. I had to nip down a side road as I needed to get back to London Bridge rather than a direct train back to Brighton that had been laid on, just stood in a corner while they ripped the train to pieces.

Strange evening.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Over the years it's difficult but Oxford Was bad Millwall Spurs Luton up and down. Cambridge could be doggy.
Cardiff was bad in the old days.
Depends who you went to the games with.:wrong::facepalm:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Just to elaborate on this, getting there was pretty uneventful. I'd wrongly thought that having turned them over 4-1 in the first leg, they wouldn't be interested and we'd take over the place. Turning up, they had about 18,000 there while we had just a few hundred. Stood down near the front until a lump of concrete landed at my feet, so moved back a bit.

I remember being quite pleased when they scored as they may lay attention to the game but we ended winning 2-1 and it turned into the most incredible atmosphere. I think John Robinson scored the 2nd and instead of celebrating turned round and ran back to the half way line.

At the end of the game we were kept in for ages while they lit a bonfire in the stand to the left and burnt policeman's hats. When we finally got out we couldn't move anywhere. Hundreds of police and horses trying to get us to the station while anything the Millwall fans could get hold of came flying over the top. I had to nip down a side road as I needed to get back to London Bridge rather than a direct train back to Brighton that had been laid on, just stood in a corner while they ripped the train to pieces.

Strange evening.
Blimey

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Uh, Cardiff under Hammam - they were chucking stuff over the fence and then chased us through the car park, lobbing rocks.

Stoke - someone with a knife came after us, but that was partly because the massive orange bag I was carrying turned out to be unexpectedly incendiary, and I had to get a mate to drive round at the speed of Nigel Mansell to let us dive in the back and escape.

Wolves a couple of years ago was a bit dicey, although the amount of hot air and poorly-designed Stone Island jackets ended up being vaguely comical, and then became less amusing when the establishment shuffled us into a sub-Yates bar as a result of all the posturing.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells

Strange evening.

We had more than a few hundred that game, I seem to recall it was about 1500. I went back very early the following season, a warm late summer evening, and saw John Robinson get attacked by one of their fans, only for Mark Beeney to intervene. That was pretty lively afterwards too.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here