Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Dr Who

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The odd thing is I don't ever remember seeing a hoover, sink or kettle in the Tardis.

Begging the question:-

What's she going to do all day?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Good luck to the programme brave.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    323.6 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Whatever next a pink TARDIS!!

Looking forward to this as I never warmed to Capaldi (not sure if this was him or the writing).

If she is good enough and the writing improves who cares if she is a woman? The regressive right obviously, but anything that gets up their nose has got to be good.

As long as they don't start to write male characters as useless bumbling idiots like so much other stuff on TV (e.g.adverts and Pepper Pig) then I am happy to get excitied about Dr Who again.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The Happiness Patrol?

That was one of my favourite episodes as a kid. It's utter drivel now. Makes the McCoy years look like Shakespeare.

You have a rose tinted retrospectroscope. Anyway, I don't need to exenterate your disdain in order to be able to luxuriate in my enjoyment.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
On some level I dont understand the fuss. In Scifi chicks have been kicking shit for donkeys years, from Sigorney Weaver though to the chicks in Dark Matter.

Sci-fi is the future so has full license to do what ever it likes, and does, this is why for most scifyers this isn't an issue. Its not ridiculas like stuffing africans in medieval England by the ton is it?

I dont watch BBC anymore as its all fake news and Identity politics garbage, but I would be tempted if the Doctor was Sigourny Weaver.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
When the first doctor regenerated, I'm fairly sure it was said Time Lords could only regenerate 12 times.
It's time this series came to a close. I stopped watching when Colin Baker started.

Dr Who died for me the day David Tennant regenerated into Matt Smith...........:cry::cry::cry:

“Judoon platoon upon the moon”:lolol:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What does that mean?

Which 'lefties' and 'feminists' are being 'pandered to'? Did they need 'pandering to'? If so, why?

It's not worth it. Really not. He'll never get it.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
On some level I dont understand the fuss. In Scifi chicks have been kicking shit for donkeys years, from Sigorney Weaver though to the chicks in Dark Matter.

Sci-fi is the future so has full license to do what ever it likes, and does, this is why for most scifyers this isn't an issue. Its not ridiculas like stuffing africans in medieval England by the ton is it?

I dont watch BBC anymore as its all fake news and Identity politics garbage, but I would be tempted if the Doctor was Sigourny Weaver.

I expect the reason why people think changing Dr Who to a woman is stupid is the same reason people would think changing Ripley to a man would be stupid.

The original roles were never written for the other gender. And due to the originals success the essence and image of the character is then set in stone.

Anytime you **** up iconic characters with a change that is not necessary you'll raise the ire of a fanbase.

Perfect example of this is the recent Star Wars and Ghostbusters.

The new Star Wars episode was written to have a female lead in Rey and it worked a treat, the new Ghostbusters tried to take an iconic film and ride on the success of the original but instead turned it into a political statement and made a pile of crap movie instead.

It's the same phenomenon that sees the Americans take classic British TV shows and try and make an American version. The vast majority of which end up a poor lame version of the original.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
A female doctor who? That is excellent news. Don't watch it myself but always fun to see all the man-virgins getting their anime pillows in a twist a la ghostbusters/women in video games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pudos

Aug 18, 2015
How do I suddenly become interested in watching when i've just slated it and not been interested in it for years, without making the Mrs suspicious?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Who is hardly a macho character, so the gender of the actor playing them oughtn't matter. I'll watch the first episode to see how it works, and do so with a tad of intrigue.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
How do I suddenly become interested in watching when i've just slated it and not been interested in it for years, without making the Mrs suspicious?

"we should give Doctor Who a go again now that they've taken the first step towards smashing the BBC patriarchy"

Or something

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here