Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Dr Who

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Only in the alternate universe where being wrong is right.

Jelly Baby?

The alternative universe where Time Lords can be women as sexism hasn't quite found a way there yet ? Fits your perspective. After all, who can understand why folk are willing to accept a shape shifting, immortal, time travelling, character of fiction is being played by a woman ?

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Are you sure ? you mean Bill is only doing the one series ?
Yep, she isn't scheduled to appear again after leaving the TARDIS with the puddle woman at the end of the final episode.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's no fun being an immortal Time Lord, I mean, we get one shot at life and should make 70 years in one vehicle, however, the Dr is pretty careless having had some 12 re-incarnations in the last 50 years or so.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
There's a little thing called iPlayer now, and most people have Sky+ or Virgin, I doubt anyone "rushes home" to watch TV these days.
I do :)

edit: or more to the point I make sure I'm not out when I know it's going to be on. I know there is iPlayer and everything but it's not the same :) Wish 'Doctor Who' was on in the winter rather than spring though...

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It's about people being sick to death of long established characters and TV shows/movies being ****ed up with by stupid remakes/reboots by studios.

Terminator, Ghostbusters,Get Carter, Arthur, Pink Panther, Poltergeist, Psycho and on and on and on the endless lazy efforts keep coming.
If people were sick to death of them no one would watch and the studios would stop making them. We get what we order and these remakes are no different. Don't like them? Don't watch them it really is that simple.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
As The Viper said, it's a children's show....who the heck cares?
Do grown men really rush home to watch Dr Who?

Good marketing by the BBC though....
Do people who don't watch it and think it is a kids show rush to post on a thread about it?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Yep, she isn't scheduled to appear again after leaving the TARDIS with the puddle woman at the end of the final episode.

Shame, I thought she was great.

That said, it could also be a female. What with The Master's reference to an all girl world and the Doctor's "I hope so".

The clues have been there all along about a female Doctor. Remember that thing he said to Bill about gender stereo-types ?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
A major problem with a female doctor is similar to the ghostbusters flop imo. I doubt it will be a seamless change and the opportunity for the BBC to indulge in identity politics and virtue signalling in scripts would be like crack cocaine to a crack addict, especially if it goes on a man bashing radical feminist vent, this could kill it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
A major problem with a female doctor is similar to the ghostbusters flop imo. I doubt it will be a seamless change and the opportunity for the BBC to indulge in identity politics and virtue signalling in scripts would be like crack cocaine to a crack addict, especially if it goes on a man bashing radical feminist vent, this could kill it.

The Ghostbusters reboot was intended to be a satirical aim at stereotyping, which while funny in places, wasn't brilliantly executed. The Master already reincarnated back as Missy, who was frankly one of the best highlights of the show in recent series with Michelle Gomez resurrecting her crazy Sue White from the Green Wing into a time travelling sociopath, so this is hardly an altogether new turn of events given the one other last remaining time lord has also had a turn as a women.

Not sure quite how a man bashing radical feminist vent would look, even with a female Doctor, quite excited already!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The Ghostbusters reboot was intended to be a satirical aim at stereotyping, which while funny in places, wasn't brilliantly executed. The Master already reincarnated back as Missy, who was frankly one of the best highlights of the show in recent series with Michelle Gomez resurrecting her crazy Sue White from the Green Wing into a time travelling sociopath, so this is hardly an altogether new turn of events given the one other last remaining time lord has also had a turn as a women.

Not sure quite how a man bashing radical feminist vent would look, even with a female Doctor, quite excited already!

I'm not sure I get the point of you quoting me, ive said having women leads is nothing new and there may be a couple of flaws in it. Your view of ghostbusters is just that, your view, many take a counter veiw. The trailer(which I decide wether to watch a film or not 80% of the time) just made me cringe.. As for a spot of man bashing, well wait and see, sure theres going t be a few quips. The last Dr Who I watched was most of Calpaldi's first season, Ive just gone of BBC since then and dont watch it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm not sure I get the point of you quoting me, ive said having women leads is nothing new and there may be a couple of flaws in it. Your view of ghostbusters is just that, your view, many take a counter veiw. The trailer(which I decide wether to watch a film or not 80% of the time) just made me cringe.. As for a spot of man bashing, well wait and see, sure theres going t be a few quips. The last Dr Who I watched was most of Calpaldi's first season, Ive just gone of BBC since then and dont watch it.

Because your comparison with Ghostbusters is fundamentally flawed? Doctor Who will carry on being Doctor Who man or women, the Ghostbusters remake was an intentional satire aimed at hollywood stereotyping.

Hopefully you'll still be able to sleep at night, even with a bit of light TV man bashing, although I realise the thought of it can be scary to those who feel threatened in this way.

mickybha

Jan 2, 2010
20106368_331475097306895_2859904193217314397_n.jpg

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Of all the story lines in Doctor Who over the years, and people have a problem with the Doctor regenerating as a women. Hilarious.

Indeed. An alien flying around the universe in a time machine shaped like a 1950s police box? Fine. A person changing their gender? Impossible!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here