Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Inn on the Green

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When it burned down with the original fire wasnt it still trading? It was being manged on behalf of the company that also leased The Kings Head nothing whatsoever to do with Simon Hancock.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
I'm fairly certain it was derelict when the 2nd fire was more successful than the first. Think it was on its second landlord after Mr Hancock when it closed for good.
If people want to insinuate about landlords burning pubs down deliberately they'd need to look little bit further north than BH.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm fairly certain it was derelict when the 2nd fire was more successful than the first. Think it was on its second landlord after Mr Hancock when it closed for good.
If people want to insinuate about landlords burning pubs down deliberately they'd need to look little bit further north than BH.

I wont argue as I am not certain but as you say there was 2 other licencees after Simon before the final fire. Wasnt that a case of planning permission being refused and the fire circumvented that decision.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
I wont argue as I am not certain but as you say there was 2 other licencees after Simon before the final fire. Wasnt that a case of planning permission being refused and the fire circumvented that decision.

Yes think that was the case, very predictable. Don't think site was secured enough either,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here