Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Man City - Hughton's first 11

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Hughton put out this team for the first half against Dussledorf on Friday.
It looks very much like his preferred best team from the players he had available.
Ryan wasn't on the trip resting from the Confed Cup and Baldock had picked up a slight injury.
Maenpaa; Bruno, Dunk, Duffy, Suttner; Knockaert, Stephens, Kayal, March; Gross; Murray.
as a 4-4-1-1 . Gross playing in that advanced #10 role

How many of that 11 do you expect to start on August 12th ?

Would have been interesting to find out if Rene and Renato would have been a starter...

Is that our best line up ?

Assuming AK will recover from his injury (prays) , and that a few more signings are incoming then who are nailed on starters for our first ever Prem match ?

Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
New player for Bruno/Kayal and Murray

Camship

Sep 16, 2012
I'd say Suttner, Dunk, Duffy, Stephens, Gross and Knockaert are all very likely to start assuming they're all fit.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I think that's pretty close to our starting XI tbh. As you say, Ryan for Maenpaa and maybe a new midfielder for Kayal and a winger for March/ injured AK. Think Murray may start even if we get a new striker.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
As we currently stand:

Maennpa, Bruno, Duffy, Dunk, Bong, Knockaert, Sidwell, Stephens, Rosenoir, Gross, Murray

Subs: Ryan, Suttner, March, Murphy, Kayal, Baldock, Hemed

Think for the top teams we'll go 4-5-1, and also play Rosenoir in order to give Bong/Suttner protection.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
________ (target man with pace not bought yet)
________ (LW not bought yet) / Gross / Knockaert
Stephens / _______ (other CM not bought yet)
Suttner / Dunk / Duffy / ________ (RB not bought yet)
Ryan

In a 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-1-1

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
I guess Neto would have been a starter in place of Kayal ? Now we'll never know.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
If we are repeatedly exposed down that side and immediate solutions don't work, it will have to be dealt with much sooner. Every point and win is vital.

January is a notoriously difficult window to get what you want without being held to ransome.

People often say that including Paul Barber, managers etc.
But truth is some of our best ever value for money recent signings have been in January.
Stephens, Ulloa, Knockaert, Sidwell, Kayal.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I think that team will start, with the exception of Ryan in goal and either Murphy or Skalak on the left. Against City's system you need someone who will run all day to cover Kyle Walker who will push inside at times and go wide at others. I'm not sure CH will see Solly as the player to do that if he hopes to keep it tight in the first half.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
People often say that including Paul Barber, managers etc.
But truth is some of our best ever value for money recent signings have been in January.
Stephens, Ulloa, Knockaert, Sidwell, Kayal.

True, but better if possible to get the players in this summer with vital points up for grabs from August to January.

Even for those who think Bruno will star at age 37 as a PL quality fullback, he may be absent injured, these things happen. We had some defensive crises last winter. We now have an unprecedented budget to build a PL quality squad to cover for eventualities.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
True, but better if possible to get the players in this summer with vital points up for grabs from August to January.

Even for those who think Bruno will star at age 37 as a PL quality fullback, he may be absent injured, these things happen. We had some defensive crises last winter. We now have an unprecedented budget to build a PL quality squad to cover for eventualities.

Well agreed with that as well.
As for Bruno then Hughton obviously trusts his captain, given that he gave him an extra years contract,and he was first choice on Friday.
That doesn't mean that we're not seeking back up. (Joe Gomez is lined up for example). Gomez, Bruno, Bong, Suttner, Rosenior look like our full back choices.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Hughton put out this team for the first half against Dussledorf on Friday.
It looks very much like his preferred best team from the players he had available.
Ryan wasn't on the trip resting from the Confed Cup and Baldock had picked up a slight injury.
Maenpaa; Bruno, Dunk, Duffy, Suttner; Knockaert, Stephens, Kayal, March; Gross; Murray.
as a 4-4-1-1 . Gross playing in that advanced #10 role

How many of that 11 do you expect to start on August 12th ?

Would have been interesting to find out if Rene and Renato would have been a starter...

Is that our best line up ?

Assuming AK will recover from his injury (prays) , and that a few more signings are incoming then who are nailed on starters for our first ever Prem match ?

I don't see Kayal being anywhere near a starter this season. I just don't think he is disciplined enough in sticking to the role he is often asked to do for the Premiership

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
omni641a.jpg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If we are repeatedly exposed down that side and immediate solutions don't work, it will have to be dealt with much sooner. Every point and win is vital.

January is a notoriously difficult window to get what you want without being held to ransome.

Should that happen I think CH will sacrifice an attacking wide man and play Rosenior wide right especially in away games.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here