Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£12 water slide or £45 v Man City?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Ok. So the Man City thing is just to make this vaguely relevant. Thread should really be titled 'Am I tight?' or, more accurately, "How tight am I?!" as the answer to the first question is almost certainly "yes" [emoji51]

Genuinely interested to know though whether anyone would actually consider paying £12 for one go on the 100 metre water slide they've put in Wild Park. £12? Admittedly a fiver goes to charity but even so.... Maybe I'm just way out of touch.

Certainly puts the cost of watching the Albion (or the price of a day at a Florida theme park) into perspective if people will spunk that sort of money on about 30 seconds entertainment.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Value is in the eye of the beholder!

I guess it boils down to whether you have plenty of disposable income to afford to indulge in such luxuries. Plenty of people do and plenty of people don't.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So for my 3 kids it would set me back a whooping £36 !!!! Errr .... it's a no from me. I'm all for charity but that's taking the piss and ripping people off.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Who's going to go on a waterside in wild park before the game anyway?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Ok. So the Man City thing is just to make this vaguely relevant. Thread should really be titled 'Am I tight?' or, more accurately, "How tight am I?!" as the answer to the first question is almost certainly "yes" [emoji51]

Genuinely interested to know though whether anyone would actually consider paying £12 for one go on the 100 metre water slide they've put in Wild Park. £12? Admittedly a fiver goes to charity but even so.... Maybe I'm just way out of touch.

Certainly puts the cost of watching the Albion (or the price of a day at a Florida theme park) into perspective if people will spunk that sort of money on about 30 seconds entertainment.

£12 for a single go down an inflatable slide really is taking the piss! Butlins day tickets are only £8 for under 14's and include unlimited swimming, flumes, rides etc.

£45 to watch 90 mins of football isn't far off the same level of taking the piss, though...

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here