Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGregor vs Mayweather

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Am I the only person that hopes Floyd Mayweather gives that foul mouthed Irishman a good beating.
I know trash talking is part & parcel of promoting the event but I think McGregor has totally over stepped the mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drpepper

Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
Mayweather will SCHOOL mcgregor, he'll be lucky to land a glove on him. Watch mayweather v alverez on youtube probably the best defensive boxing ive ever seen. If alverez couldnt get near him Mcgregor got no chance

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Am I the only person that hopes Floyd Mayweather gives that foul mouthed Irishman a good beating.
I know trash talking is part & parcel of promoting the event but I think McGregor has totally over stepped the mark.

What did he say that overstepped the mark?

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
What did he say that overstepped the mark?

He called him a dancing monkey. But was quick to quash the racism hate he received after.

Let's not forget, in front of the whole arena mayweather called McGregor a fag*ot. It's all handbags from both camps.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Is that it?
When was this ever a racially discriminative term?

A dancing monkey is basically making someone else dance for your own entertainment.
So as soon as you say that to a black man, you're racist?

No. Not in my opinion, But that's what all the fuss is about. Don't shoot the messenger.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Apparently, if you call a black person "boy" that's deeply offensive, while calling a white person "chalky" or a "honkey" is a bit of banter.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Mayweather is just as much as a cretin as McGregor. Is there a way they could both lose?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
They've certainly hyped it up, and it's worked coz I'm gonna watch it

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I know it's not his style but I hope Floyd just batters him for 12 rounds.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Is that it?
When was this ever a racially discriminative term?

A dancing monkey is basically making someone else dance for your own entertainment.
So as soon as you say that to a black man, you're racist?

Why do people have to keep bringing race into it.
Trash talk is trash talk.
The reason I dislike McGregor is that he has
somehow talked his way into a fight against
One of the best boxers in boxing history when he has never fought a single fight as an amateur let alone a professional.Yet he continues to talk down to a boxing legend.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Myself and my brother are big boxing fans. We all ways watch the big fights, alternating between our houses and sharing the PPV and food/beer cost for the night.

I can tell you right now that no matter the fight, be it HULK vs Thor, we will not split a £77 bill to watch a boxing match/Exhibition match from our living rooms.

This isn't to say we wont be huddled around the P.C watching a stream.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
One of the best boxers in boxing history when he has never fought a single fight as an amateur let alone a professional.Yet he continues to talk down to a boxing legend.

It's because boxing is a dying corrupt sport. MMA is destroying it world wide in popularity and participation numbers.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Why do people have to keep bringing race into it.
Trash talk is trash talk.

People love to get offended on the behalf of others, or try and call foul on someone they don't like or support.
For anyone that watched the shows, knows exactly how it was intended. Purely trash talk, all for show.

I'm looking forward to the fight.
I take it for what it is, a show.
A bit of theatre, comedy and sport all in one night.

I hope Conor wins, I've always disliked Mayweather. But in reality, it's a 12 round boxing match between the best defensive boxer in history, and a great mixed martial artist with 0 professional boxing experience.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here