Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mathias Normann [joins on a 3-year contract]

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think the least we can do is view this signing as a potential gem.

I'm very hopeful he'll be on the fringe of being an U21 addition to the 25 man squad, and that other than our main CM signing, this is now central midfield sorted.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
He might turn out to be the next Ronaldo, he's certainly got the muscles for it.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
NSC is so negative again this summer.

As the club keep improving in the leagues the players we recruited 5-10 years ago as kids are yes less likely to break through. If they were that amazing they'd have gone to EPL teams back then. The odd one will but not many.

NOW we are up here we will attract suitable kids. In years to come some of them will break through. If we're in the PL maybe a couple of them will make the 1st team, if we're in the Champ maybe 4 or 5, if we sink to league 1 level I'm sure we could pack out an entire squad of youngsters we've brought through as we'll have gotten them as a PL team.

How many league 1 clubs produce a plethora of PL talent 5-10 years later? Not counting the few 'massive' clubs who plummit down temporarily.

Our youth teams have SOME very VERY exciting talent in so cheer the F up and moan about first team signings if you want, but signing a kid for the U23's is no cause to bleat on again.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
**** me there's a bunch of absolute melts trying to paint this as a bad thing.
Take your ungrateful shit and shove it, frankly.
This is the most successful we've been in my whole life and you're moaning because we signed a player...
It's ****ing embarrassing and makes me ashamed to support the same wonderful club as you scrotes.

Presume I might be one of those you mention so I'll bite.

I'd argue it's because we share a love of this wonderful club of ours that no we've made it to the top table we'd love to see us try and make a fist of staying there rather than crawl/limp along to 20th place.

I want nothing but success for us this season and reserve the right to not be that enthralled about an individual who may or may not reach the required standard of improving our beloved team enough to stay in the league.

Is it a bad thing, no? Is it a good thing? No.

It's news for the sake of news because nothing else is happening and that worries me.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Hmmm, don't believe that (or the £1.3m) especially as Naylor said this: "The 21-year-old midfielder is set to join the Seagulls for a six-figure fee from Bodo/Glimt. Other Norwegian clubs, including Rosenborg, have been interested in Normann"

From here: http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/15416715.Albion_close_in_on_Norwegian_prospect/

Also (saw on twitter) that Rosenborg failed with a bid earlier this year (or last year?) with a bid around £600k - so maybe it's around that figure instead?

It's possible the £1.1m quoted is total dependent on add ons. £600k or £1.1m, either way it's not an insignificant sum for our development squad.

Let's hope he comes good In a few years, and that other DS touted talents such as Garcia or Sanchez push on too as so far the others like Hunt have been deemed surplus to requirements.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We've signed loads of dev squad players from other league clubs. About 5 from Chelsea alone.

I was thinking more 1st team players from other league clubs not Chelsea's 200 strong development squad.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I was thinking more 1st team players from other league clubs not Chelsea's 200 strong development squad.

You're aiming for a pretty narrow band there - players signed from League clubs where they are first team regulars, in order to become part of our development squad. It's not a hugely common scenario, for any club.

Not English Leagues, but the closest to that would be Ben Hall, who was playing first team games in the SPL, or Sam Adekugbe.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Welcome to the Albion Mathias...

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
<Insert "Why aren't they focusing on signing first team players?" comment here>

ALBION SIGN THE MODERN GUIDE

Brighton & Hove Albion has completed middle signing Mathias Normann from the other side of the Norwegian FK Bodo / Glimt region.

Normann, who plays so much as a midfielder, joins unfamiliar words about a three-year contract.

The manager Chris Hughton said: "We are glad we can bring in the Mathias club.

"He is a skilled and confident player, who has already had a good experience in playing Normal football.

"We expect to welcome him to the club, and his long-term plan will be in the first group of teams."

The 21-year-old goes down Norway after spending four years with FK Bodo / Glimt, doing a total of 42 shows and scoring three goals.

Normann has also represented Norway at the level of the youth team, under the age of 17 and under 18 years of age.

Edited for you.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Presume I might be one of those you mention so I'll bite.

I'd argue it's because we share a love of this wonderful club of ours that no we've made it to the top table we'd love to see us try and make a fist of staying there rather than crawl/limp along to 20th place.

I want nothing but success for us this season and reserve the right to not be that enthralled about an individual who may or may not reach the required standard of improving our beloved team enough to stay in the league.

Is it a bad thing, no? Is it a good thing? No.

It's news for the sake of news because nothing else is happening and that worries me.

The club is always, without fail, silent on transfers until they're done and signed and we see the picture of the dude holding the shirt.

It's the same every year and every year people assume the club is just sat around with it's thumb wedged firmly up it's arse.

Silence is not the same as inactivity.

Oct 25, 2003
You're aiming for a pretty narrow band there - players signed from League clubs where they are first team regulars, in order to become part of our development squad. It's not a hugely common scenario, for any club.

Not English Leagues, but the closest to that would be Ben Hall, who was playing first team games in the SPL, or Sam Adekugbe.

Tyler Forbes played 30-ish games for Fleetwood as well

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here