Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mathias Normann [joins on a 3-year contract]

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
All of that would be perfectly fine, if not for the fact that the club have been so focused on signing this lad that they've now FORGOTTEN that we needed a first choice striker, and have now condemned us to inevitable relegation.

Exactly. Completely agree with this as we all know the club cannot multi task and can only focus on one transfer at a time.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Exactly. Completely agree with this as we all know the club cannot multi task and can only focus on one transfer at a time.

Yeah feck the present let's concentrate on the future :smile:

This game can be played two ways

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Yeah feck the present let's concentrate on the future :smile:

This game can be played two ways

I find this attitude bizarre. We can do both. A key part of us surviving long term at the top level would be bringing through young players (whether it is players from our youth system or buying promising young players and developing them). It's not stopping us working on other transfers so why complain?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I find this attitude bizarre. We can do both. A key part of us surviving long term at the top level would be bringing through young players (whether it is players from our youth system or buying promising young players and developing them). It's not stopping us working on other transfers so why complain?

It was actually a joke just putting forward an alternative view to the post you made that I thought was slightly tongue in cheek Or do you really think we can only concentrate on one level of transfer at a time?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
It was actually a joke just putting forward an alternative view to the post you made that I thought was slightly tongue in cheek Or do you really think we can only concentrate on one level of transfer at a time?

No, it was more the point that some of our fans genuinely seem to think that (as they complain every time we sign someone for the development squad)

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
No, it was more the point that some of our fans genuinely seem to think that (as they complain every time we sign someone for the development squad)

Fair enough. How many of those signed since we got the Amex have progressed to the first team? Or shouldn't we use that yardstick?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
most players age 21 if going to do it will be doing it .(yes exceptions) but players break through at 16/17/18 now.

He may be ok if we drop down again but unlikely you have to say.

First teamers pppllleeeaaassseeeeeee

Relax, we have until 1st September to bring in all the players required to give us a fighting chance. But we should the club be thwarted in that, a second bite of the cherry of 31st January 2018.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Fair enough. How many of those signed since we got the Amex have progressed to the first team? Or shouldn't we use that yardstick?

Not a lot at the moment. Does that mean you think we shouldn't bother trying? Just give up and only sign players for the first team squad. Or maybe we think that our training facilities are still quite new and players will come through

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Not a lot at the moment. Does that mean you think we shouldn't bother trying? Just give up and only sign players for the first team squad. Or maybe we think that our training facilities are still quite new and players will come through

I have no idea but I have to confess to being totally underwhelmed so far. I realise it is a long term project but surely after 6 years we should have signed players who progress?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
All of that would be perfectly fine, if not for the fact that the club have been so focused on signing this lad that they've now FORGOTTEN that we needed a first choice striker, and have now condemned us to inevitable relegation.

Indeed.

I can see it now: the recruitment team kicking back and relaxing this morning, reflecting on a job well done. Large cigars would have been passed around and generous measures of a fine single malt enjoyed.

And then, someone came crashing into the room shouting "But what about the first team?"

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Indeed.

I can see it now: the recruitment team kicking back and relaxing this morning, reflecting on a job well done. Large cigars would have been passed around and generous measures of a fine single malt enjoyed.

And then, someone came crashing into the room shouting "But what about the first team?"

and was laughed at as he was told how clueless he was not appreciating just how difficult buying players was after a 100 million pound windfall. I left at that stage crestfallen and with my tail between my legs. The club have lost me as a fan now.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Good. Pleased to see we are starting to make signings to improve the development squad. Both sides need work and we need to be able to find class players who can make the leap, at least until the scouting system gets up to speed. As with 99% of the posters on here I have no idea if this lad will be good enough or not but we are at least signing guys with that intention which is a start.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Maybe not verifiable but on Twitter of course.

b8dc4b535660192089c988e69f4687fa.png

Hmmm, don't believe that (or the £1.3m) especially as Naylor said this: "The 21-year-old midfielder is set to join the Seagulls for a six-figure fee from Bodo/Glimt. Other Norwegian clubs, including Rosenborg, have been interested in Normann"

From here: http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/15416715.Albion_close_in_on_Norwegian_prospect/

Also (saw on twitter) that Rosenborg failed with a bid earlier this year (or last year?) with a bid around £600k - so maybe it's around that figure instead?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
**** me there's a bunch of absolute melts trying to paint this as a bad thing.
Take your ungrateful shit and shove it, frankly.
This is the most successful we've been in my whole life and you're moaning because we signed a player...
It's ****ing embarrassing and makes me ashamed to support the same wonderful club as you scrotes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here