Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mathias Normann [joins on a 3-year contract]

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Brown/Abrahams/etc are under the squad age rules. So why not this guy as well.One or two others as well,from our club.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
The club is always, without fail, silent on transfers until they're done and signed and we see the picture of the dude holding the shirt.

It's the same every year and every year people assume the club is just sat around with it's thumb wedged firmly up it's arse.

Silence is not the same as inactivity.

I have never said we aren't trying and I accept that we go about things silently but I do feel that maybe just maybe there's a degree of scrabbling going on behind the scenes because we underestimated the enormity of the task this season.

Last summer with the tight finish and winner takes all match against Middlesborough and then the unfortunate play off defeat against MASSIVE the club had a lot of goodwill with supporters and that's why there was less chuntering about not securing our key targets ahead of the league season commencing.

This season having wrapped up promotion early, and having a significant head start on financial assurances than Huddersfield I and a large % of the supporter base assumed we'd be going all guns blazing to have a settled, prepared and focussed squad come match day 1 of the season.

That is clearly not going to be the case and rolling out the usual rhetoric of its unfortunate to have Baldock/Knockaert injured ahead of the season AND judge us come September 1st for me has worn my usual buoyant Albion bubble a little thin.

The enormity of the task this season cannot be underestimated and sadly I think it has been and will catch up with us.

Does this mean I won't be singing my heart out and willing us on? Of course it doesn't. I will give it my all as I hope a much greater % of the home crowd might this season too.

I'm just worried that the old adage fail to prepare, prepare to fail might come true.

If we haven't secured one or two game changers or goal scorers until August 31st then the club has in my eyes thrown away c8% of the points available this season and that to me will be very sad to see.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Albion looking to loan him out this season to get experience.

Quinny

Banned
Jul 27, 2014
What a signing and a real statement of intent from The Albion. Well done all

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Out on loan to Molde until January.

Last edited:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Well, that didn't take long! Revolving doors at Lancing, are there?

Well a loan was the idea at the very beginning, so not really.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The loan at Molde has come to it's natural end and he is back at the albion.

I wonder what his next move will be ?

A long shot, but as an U21 and outside the 25 man squad, is he ready to be "the Sidwell replacement" ? ???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ok folks, in all honesty, hands up if you'd completely forgotten about Matt Norman:-

:wave:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Ok folks, in all honesty, hands up if you'd completely forgotten about Matt Norman:-

Is it forgetting if you weren't even sure you knew about it in the first place? I don't know that I could name many of our under 23/21/18 players.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

I'll try and remember. It's bound to come up in an REMF quiz in years to come.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's all coming back to me now:-

Ønsker Eikrem og Normann
På midtbanen er det flere aktuelle navn. Magnus Wolff Eikrem (27) trente med Molde i desember, etter at Malmö-kontrakten utløp, og skal også trene med klubben fremover.

– Vi har et opplagt ønske om å få ham med på laget i 2018. Vi prøver å få det til. Magnus er i tenkeboksen med døren åpen for et utenlandsopphold, men vi ønsker å få dette avklart i løpet av en eller to uker, sier Øystein Neerland.

Han innrømmer at de ønsker å forlenge utlånsavtalen til midtbanetalentet Mathias Normann (21) fra Brighton. I tillegg skal Molde, ifølge Romsdals Budstikke, være i dialog med Burnleys norske midtbanespiller Fredrik Ulvestad (25).

https://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/i/1...rdarson-pengene-onsker-a-ta-opp-jakten-pa-rbk

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

YoungOnes.jpg

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Is it forgetting if you weren't even sure you knew about it in the first place? I don't know that I could name many of our under 23/21/18 players.

If you aren't interested, that's fair enough, but if you wanted to rectify the situation you could take a peek at the U-18 and U-23 reviews of last season in my signature.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Is it only me that finds it distasteful we are blowing 7 figure sums left right and centre on kids that are barely ever heard of once they arrive and then seem to just disappear? Is the strategy akin to if you throw enough sh.it at the wall some will eventually stick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here