Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mathias Normann [joins on a 3-year contract]

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I wish the club would just get on with signing some decent quality players who are going to help us stay in the Premier League. Totally underwhelmed with this addition to the under 23s but I dare say he was cheap.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
whats the point in our dev squad and the recruitment of it! can't think of any player that we have signed for the dev squad who have actually made the leap!

dunk and JFC were signed as teenagers I think.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The point is either

1) It is thought he will be good enough in 1-2 years time, at which point if he is he'd be unaffordable. Gamble.

or

2) He may already be good enough as 6th or 7th choice in midfield.

or

3) He is simply a filler player for the U23s as the ones we have need lesser and cheap players to make up the team in that position.

Clearly, we hope it is (1) or (2).
Whooosh!

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
21 and so far his career extends to 42 matches in the Norwegian second division.

Forgive me for not getting excited.

Also, if reported fee of £1.2m is true then boy we had better be buying something REALLY special that might actually grace the field in something other than the check a trade triphy

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
21 and so far his career extends to 42 matches in the Norwegian second division.

Also, if reported fee of £1.2m is true then boy we had better be buying something REALLY special that might actually grace the field in something other than the check a trade triphy

Where has that been reported?

A logical explanation

CH wouldn't have signed him if he didn't want him.

Therefore CH rates him.

That's good enough for me but then, unlike others on here, I don't think I know better than CH

Good luck to the lad, he's an Albion player, I hope he does great things

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
A logical explanation

Therefore CH rates him.

That's good enough for me but then, unlike others on here, I don't think I know better than CH

This post lacks angst and is far too sensible

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A logical explanation

Therefore CH rates him.

All of that would be perfectly fine, if not for the fact that the club have been so focused on signing this lad that they've now FORGOTTEN that we needed a first choice striker, and have now condemned us to inevitable relegation.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Where has that been reported?

Maybe not verifiable but on Twitter of course.

b8dc4b535660192089c988e69f4687fa.png

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
All of that would be perfectly fine, if not for the fact that the club have been so focused on signing this lad that they've now FORGOTTEN that we needed a first choice striker, and have now condemned us to inevitable relegation.

It's true. I assume, as soon as the contract was signed, they sat down, had a cup of tea and said "now, about the first team, anyone have any ideas?".

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

How many players who are 'a bit special' do you think are available for £1.2 million these days? That price is probably either complete rubbish or largely based on performances. Even if it is true, what do you think you get for £1.2 million these days?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
most players age 21 if going to do it will be doing it .(yes exceptions) but players break through at 16/17/18 now.

He may be ok if we drop down again but unlikely you have to say.

First teamers pppllleeeaaassseeeeeee

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here