Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mathias Normann [joins on a 3-year contract]

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
The loan at Molde has come to it's natural end and he is back at the albion.

I wonder what his next move will be ?

A long shot, but as an U21 and outside the 25 man squad, is he ready to be "the Sidwell replacement" ? ???

He played 5 games for Molde according to Wiki. Hardly worth the effort.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Played 7 games (5 league/2 cup) for Molde including sub appearances.
And if we are going to give up on developing young players the game - to quote too many on here - will indeed have gone.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
He played 5 games for Molde according to Wiki. Hardly worth the effort.

Played 7 games (5 league/2 cup) for Molde including sub appearances.
And if we are going to give up on developing young players the game - to quote too many on here - will indeed have gone.

As [MENTION=6678]severnside gull[/MENTION] says, having made his debut as a half-time substitute in the quarter-finals of the Norwegian Cup, he then made 5 successive starts (4 league + cup S-F). Unfortunately, he then suffered an ankle injury on international duty (playing for the Norwegian U-21s against the ROI on October 5 when he was substituted after only 8 minutes). He was out for 6 weeks, returning as a sub in Molde's penultimate league match of the season.

I must admit I'm pretty amazed at some of the recent posts on this thread. I realise I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to Albion's youngsters, but why are some people so keen to offer their (negative) opinion on player development at the club when they clearly know ****-all about the players concerned? Very strange.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
As [MENTION=6678]severnside gull[/MENTION] says, having made his debut as a half-time substitute in the quarter-finals of the Norwegian Cup, he then made 5 successive starts (4 league + cup S-F). Unfortunately, he then suffered an ankle injury on international duty (playing for the Norwegian U-21s against the ROI on October 5 when he was substituted after only 8 minutes). He was out for 6 weeks, returning as a sub in Molde's penultimate league match of the season.

I must admit I'm pretty amazed at some of the recent posts on this thread. I realise I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to Albion's youngsters, but why are some people so keen to offer their (negative) opinion on player development at the club when they clearly know ****-all about the players concerned? Very strange.

I agree - I think it's rather short sighted to surmise the academy is failing along with the current development squad, as the strides made on the pitch at the business end of the club have made keeping apace a rather breathless enterprise.

I would also suggest that one too many disciples of the latest instalment of Football Manager or (dare I say) FIFA, are now seemingly experts with regard our apparently 'useless' and 'pointless' youth system.

I too have been frustrated by the lack of progress into the first team picture of one or two, but remain sure it is the will of the Gods that the trickle will become a torrent in a pre determined time.

Destiny is all.

Throw down the sword.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
NORMANN EXTENDS MOLDE LOAN DEAL

Brighton & Hove Albion under-23 midfielder Mathias Normann has extended his loan deal with Norwegian Eliteserien side Molde until 30th June 2018.

The 21-year-old made seven appearances for the club during their 2017 campaign, including both league and cup competitions, as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s team finished second in the league table.

The youngster will now stay with the Norwegian club until the summer, and Albion under-23 coach Simon Rusk said, “It’s been a good move for Mathias, playing a high level of first-team football in Norway.”

“We’re always keeping track of his progress throughout his time on loan, as we do with all of our players, and we’re confident that extending the deal will be beneficial for all three parties - Mathias, Molde and ourselves.”

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
As with Ahannach, I'd have thought a loan spell in the FL would be more beneficial to these lads.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Mathias Normann had an eventful day for Molde FK yesterday in their 2-2 draw at Sarpsborg 08 - he scored in the 29th minute and then got himself a red card in the 71st minute.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here