Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England U19 vs Portugal Euro final

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
5.30pm on Eurosport.

Another youth team progressing to a final.

Is this St George's Park paying dividends or a genuine renaissance in English football?

Let's hope the full squad start to see some benefit soon.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Thanks for the heads up, I'll try and catch that.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
None of the players will get regular football at a top club next season, which is sad. It certainly looks like we got a talented and hungry younger generation

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Across all under age groups, U21 and under at all the recent tournaments how many of the players have been regulars with top clubs in Europe in general? I'd suggest not too many. The cream will always rise to the top. Bar the über talented (M'bappe) young players' career path are vastly different now.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
The reason Spain and Germany have such successful age groups is it is far harder for their youth internationals to break into the senior international team. Our young players seem to be put straight into the England squad after 10 good premier league matches. This only weakens all of our international teams at all age levels.

Cheggers

Jul 28, 2011
Bang! And the dirt is gone.
The reason Spain and Germany have such successful age groups is it is far harder for their youth internationals to break into the senior international team. Our young players seem to be put straight into the England squad after 10 good premier league matches. This only weakens all of our international teams at all age levels.

I'm confused. I'm not the sharpest knife but wouldn't that mean that the playets at all age groups would not make finals?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
0-1 to England, Suliman

Suliman (England) scores! It was more than promising for England! Mason Mount's free-kick comes back off Diogo Costa's left-hand post and with the goalkeeper stranded, the centre-back nods in!

Last edited:

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
5.30pm on Eurosport.

Another youth team progressing to a final.

Is this St George's Park paying dividends or a genuine renaissance in English football?

Let's hope the full squad start to see some benefit soon.

Could be an element of these players looking up to Spanish teams and players like Ronaldo, Messi, Iniesta etc. Technical players, modern football requires more technical ability and perhaps these lads take that on board and try to be more flair. I could be entirely wrong, but these lads have grown up in a new era of football and that influence is beginning to seap through.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
England down to 10

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
England down to 10

Edun (England) receives a second yellow card and is sent off. The England midfielder has had a superb tournament and it's a shame it ends like this as a trip inside the centre circle brings his second yellow card of the evening. England will play the rest of the mach with ten men.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here