Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New kit on e bay

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I'm assuming these fake companies can source the exact same materials as the real deal? If the fakes are over 30 quid, I actually think this makes the real ones OK value. Would expect fakes to be more like 20 quid.

I think there is some truth In that, I've seen a few fake shirts in my time, in some instances I'm certain the fabrics are the same, possibly made by the same people, just the badges that remain sacrosanct. As for the cost, right now they're £30 because the sellers know the real one isn't available, they'll be down to £20 or less in due course for sure.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Often the fakes are made in the same factory as the official ones but they don't put all the labels and tags on etc but just keep the machines running to make double the official run. In Chinese markets these are called genuine fakes (or at least that was the case when I was in Shanghai 13 years ago).

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Often the fakes are made in the same factory as the official ones but they don't put all the labels and tags on etc but just keep the machines running to make double the official run. In Chinese markets these are called genuine fakes )or at least that was the case when I was in Shanghai 13 years ago).

Love it! So there must be cases where the fakes are fake fake!

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Often the fakes are made in the same factory as the official ones but they don't put all the labels and tags on etc but just keep the machines running to make double the official run. In Chinese markets these are called genuine fakes (or at least that was the case when I was in Shanghai 13 years ago).

I have heard this but wouldn't risk it. If you buy a fake for you or your kids you may risk not having the correct fire protection. Also the club shop have always been really good when it comes to replacing faulty items. Some times in life you get what you pay for but football kits are extortionate now days so I can see why people buy fakes.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
They are fake of course, I bought one out of curiosity, £29, it's pretty impressive for a copy, the only real visual clue is the Seagulls badge. I doubt many would spot it as a fake without close up scrutiny

7696b06a11c35fc24fe9e829119a98be.jpg

Many probably wouldn't as you say, but you can tell from a distance as the American Express logo extends well into the far left and right blue stripes on the official shirt whereas the copy doesn't.

The Nike swish also extends well into the blue stripes on the original as well.

BHAFC-Premier-League-Shirt-2017-18.jpg

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
You lot ! They will have got a proper shirt from a source and reproduced it, simple as that. They just need kids sizes then we've really made it !

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch

That's the case with a hell of a lots of products, it's a major issue in the fishing tackle business.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think there is some truth In that, I've seen a few fake shirts in my time, in some instances I'm certain the fabrics are the same, possibly made by the same people, just the badges that remain sacrosanct. As for the cost, right now they're £30 because the sellers know the real one isn't available, they'll be down to £20 or less in due course for sure.

They're a little over a tenner here: http://www.dhgate.com/product/new-top-thai-quality-2017-2018-brighton-soccer/400497216.html

I suspect the bloke you bought it from is just buying them in bulk and applying his markup.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
How could someone be as so stupid to put their full name and address on the listing (and Facebook)?
Expect at least a call from eBay regarding copyright infringement at the very least.

Plus they have such a great feedback score, why risk it for some knock-off football shirts?

The PL have a global army of lawyers, copyright and internet experts who work 24-7. Do they police these matters too?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
The PL have a global army of lawyers, copyright and internet experts who work 24-7. Do they police these matters too?

I don't know, but I imagine they certainly would.
Nike, the clubs and the PL surely have an action plan to stop fakes being flogged online.

It'll probably just end up with eBay giving the seller a warning and taking the ad down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here