Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Downview Pub in Worthing to close on Sunday.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
As far as I am aware The Selden has never sold Carling Cider and never will.

Good God, perish the thought.

""No dear, you're in the wrong pub if you want to drink horse piss".

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I went into the Selden last summer, while wife was visiting somebody in hospital, and there was 3 customers in there 1 of which was an old lady drinking bottled guinness and destringing and slicing her runner beans,

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Found a lovely little roof terrace pub called the Sun House on Worthing seafront the other day, just opposite the pier. You wouldn't even know its there, its just a dingy little doorway next to the arcade. Walk up about 6 flights of steps though, up past the snooker hall, and you're rewarded with a splendid roof terrace done out in decking, with great views up and down the coast. Had a very decent tuna baguette there as well, but beware seagulls. You are very much in their domain...

Yoda

English & European
Found a lovely little roof terrace pub called the Sun House on Worthing seafront the other day, just opposite the pier. You wouldn't even know its there, its just a dingy little doorway next to the arcade. Walk up about 6 flights of steps though, up past the snooker hall, and you're rewarded with a splendid roof terrace done out in decking, with great views up and down the coast. Had a very decent tuna baguette there as well, but beware seagulls. You are very much in their domain...

Used to be a night club called Occasions until a couple of years ago.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I very much do know it's there as I've been there on separate occasions with both [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION] last Summer (I think - it was a bit of a blur) amongst other visits.

It's OK. It could be really good. I feel it's like they either lacked money or the courage of their convictions that it would be a success so didn't make it as good as it could be.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Used to be a night club called Occasions until a couple of years ago.

I honestly never knew it was there. Mind you, last time I went clubbing in Worthing was in Bensons.

I very much do know it's there as I've been there on separate occasions with both [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION] last Summer (I think - it was a bit of a blur) amongst other visits.

It's OK. It could be really good. I feel it's like they either lacked money or the courage of their convictions that it would be a success so didn't make it as good as it could be.

I know what you mean, they probably could make a little more of it. But I'm a sucker for a nice outdoor area in the summer, and that was a real sun-trap. The missus really liked it, and she doesn't like anything.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yeah it used to be the horrible club Occasions where as an 18 year old you could always pull some toothless mother of 5 from East Worthing on a Friday night.... not great memories. It looks 'nice' the way they've re-done it but I'm not sure their heart is really in it, it is just a space they have that they keep re-inventing. Also slightly dubious name given Corner House/Beach House...

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Yeah it used to be the horrible club Occasions where as an 18 year old you could always pull some toothless mother of 5 from East Worthing on a Friday night.... not great memories. It looks 'nice' the way they've re-done it but I'm not sure their heart is really in it, it is just a space they have that they keep re-inventing. Also slightly dubious name given Corner House/Beach House...

Needless to say the aforementioned toothless mother of 5 is now a grandmother of 12, and so it goes on............

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here