Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford away - train carnage?

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Thank you for everyone's replies.

Another question (sorry) on National Rail, the three stations which come up are Watford Junction & Watford High Street (overground) the other is Watford North?? Is that the one on the Metropolitan line?

Where are you travelling from and where do you intend to join the system in central London?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
No,it's just Watford,basically if you get on a Met train in central London there'll be 3 destinations on the describer,Amersham,Uxbridge or Watford.

Or they might be posted to harrow-on-the-hill in which case you can change onto any branch (incl watford)
there.

I take the service most days. Beware: it takes an age to get to Watford on the tube and its zone 8 or something (not zone
6).

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Or they might be posted to harrow-on-the-hill in which case you can change onto any branch (incl watford)
there.

I take the service most days. Beware: it takes an age to get to Watford on the tube and its zone 8 or something (not zone
6).

You're quite right,some do terminate at Harrow on the hill,it's about 40-45 mins from Baker st to Watford.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
And no engineering works that day?

Not on the Met,nope.

e3798adc8b2f8c4ed9133fdcbbd46a6b.jpg

Last edited:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Seeing the Leicester tickets thread reminded me to go through the aways and try and plan the ones I want to try for with my kids and the mate I sit with. That's when I realised Watford is on Bank Holiday weekend Saturday.

There are NO TRAINS at all from Euston on the Saturday or Sunday. You will have to use the Metropolitan Line to Watford tube or London Overground / Southern from Clapham. IF there is a Southern strike or the OT ban is still on that weekend that makes it worse.

Keep 'em peeled.
London Overground / Southern doesnt operate from Clapham, it operates from Clapham JUNCTION which is in Battersea , Clapham is a mile and a half up the road:thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
London Overground / Southern doesnt operate from Clapham, it operates from Clapham JUNCTION which is in Battersea , Clapham is a mile and a half up the road:thumbsup:

:lolol:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
6).

Trying to get best price train tix, not easy at this late stage :(

Do you know if I get a ticket with a zone 1-6 Travelcard will I be able to get off at Watford and pay the difference from the last station in zone 6 (Harrow?) or can I buy a Harrow-Watford tube ticket in advance - dork questions but normally get these in advance so less of an issue

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Trying to get best price train tix, not easy at this late stage :(

Do you know if I get a ticket with a zone 1-6 Travelcard will I be able to get off at Watford and pay the difference from the last station in zone 6 (Harrow?) or can I buy a Harrow-Watford tube ticket in advance - dork questions but normally get these in advance so less of an issue

Last station in Z6 is Northwood, but good question on how to top up the fare from there to Watford...

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Last station in Z6 is Northwood, but good question on how to top up the fare from there to Watford...

I'm on hold to TFL now :(

Might just be worth doing nothing and seeing what the reception is like at the end of the line

Will post back what they tell me if they answer (although I suspect it will be something daft like I have to buy a ticket from St Pancras to Watford or get off at Northwood and buy another ticket)

mattjl15

Mar 18, 2016
I'm on hold to TFL now :(

Might just be worth doing nothing and seeing what the reception is like at the end of the line

Will post back what they tell me if they answer (although I suspect it will be something daft like I have to buy a ticket from St Pancras to Watford or get off at Northwood and buy another ticket)

Any news on this - I'm inclined to just use contactless for the entire tube leg - as the journey from Victoria/Baker Street to Watford comes up at £4 each way on their website.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Any news on this - I'm inclined to just use contactless for the entire tube leg - as the journey from Victoria/Baker Street to Watford comes up at £4 each way on their website.

Well after 25 mins wait I got through to a fella that didn't know as TFL aren't responsibile for the last bit into Watford and said I had to call Nat Rail ... needless to say I didn't bother. So I bought a ticket to St P without and Travelcard and will pay the £4 on contactless like you. If I'd already bought a Travelcard I'd just carry on to Watford where I doubt the barriers will be down pre/post match but it's a risk I suppose

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I'm aiming for a group discount travel card/ticket from Brighton

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
That's the spirit[emoji1303]

Thanks for your help,

Getting the 0849 from Horsham to London Victoria, arrives at 0940 , Zone 1-6 Travelcard, £13.50

Victoria Line to Oxford Circus - change - Bakerloo Line - Baker Street

Globe Pub / Breakfast

Metrpolitan line, Baker Street to Watford, 40 Minutes , £4.00 contactless payment.

Sorted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here