Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford away - train carnage?

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Think we'll risk a similar option too. Car looks simple enough until you hit an A3/M3/A30/M4/M40 Saturday nightmare. Tube might not seem so bad afterall with polite chat and a flask of coffee to share.

Tube will be the best bet,few swiftys at Baker Street,then on the Met upto Watford,20 minutes walk,gertchaaaa.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mattjl15

Mar 18, 2016
Apologies if I'm just being dim here (highly likely)

For everyone posting these train routes - I can't seem to find a route that doesn't require getting on a replacement bus service. On National Rail - anything from Brighton to Watford always involves spending 40 mins on replacement bus for the last leg of the journey.

Anyone have anything different/less mind-numbing that is confirmed?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

For everyone posting these train routes - I can't seem to find a route that doesn't require getting on a replacement bus service. On National Rail - anything from Brighton to Watford always involves spending 40 mins on replacement bus for the last leg of the journey.

Yes, exactly. If you're going by rail, best bet seems to be to take the Metropolitan line from wherever you decide to get on it up to Watford, then an approx. 20min walk to the ground, which looking on Google Streetview, I've yet to find a pub en-route...

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

As mentioned, train to St Pancras then the tube to Watford (Metropolitan line I fink)

mattjl15

Mar 18, 2016
As mentioned, train to St Pancras then the tube to Watford (Metropolitan line I fink)

See - I looked at this one. I found these 2 options - one involves a half hour gap between the St Albans stations.

Or - changing to the bus?

Screen Shot 2017-08-22 at 11.10.12.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-22 at 11.10.24.png

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
See - I looked at this one. I found these 2 options - one involves a half hour gap between the St Albans stations.

Or - changing to the bus?

View attachment 88427

View attachment 88428

Nope, overland rail services are to be avoided at all cost after Londonium.

Get to St Pancake, then tube it the rest of the way to Watford tube station.

mattjl15

Mar 18, 2016
Nope, overland rail services are to be avoided at all cost after Londonium.

Get to St Pancake, then tube it the rest of the way to Watford tube station.

Ah that'll be where I'm going wrong then - and the underground services aren't being affected by the maintenance work this weekend?

Thank you!

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Thank you for everyone's replies.

Another question (sorry) on National Rail, the three stations which come up are Watford Junction & Watford High Street (overground) the other is Watford North?? Is that the one on the Metropolitan line?

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Thank you for everyone's replies.

Another question (sorry) on National Rail, the three stations which come up are Watford Junction & Watford High Street (overground) the other is Watford North?? Is that the one on the Metropolitan line?

No,it's just Watford,basically if you get on a Met train in central London there'll be 3 destinations on the describer,Amersham,Uxbridge or Watford.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
No,it's just Watford,basically if you get on a Met train in central London there'll be 3 destinations on the describer,Amersham,Uxbridge or Watford.

Thank you. Seems like I'll get the train to Victoria. Head to Baker Street for brunch and then onto the Met line all the way to Watford!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here