Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford away - train carnage?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Seeing the Leicester tickets thread reminded me to go through the aways and try and plan the ones I want to try for with my kids and the mate I sit with. That's when I realised Watford is on Bank Holiday weekend Saturday.

There are NO TRAINS at all from Euston on the Saturday or Sunday. You will have to use the Metropolitan Line to Watford tube or London Overground / Southern from Clapham. IF there is a Southern strike or the OT ban is still on that weekend that makes it worse.

Keep 'em peeled.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Overground from Clapham Junction to Watford High Street, changing at Willesden Junction is very little bother.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Seeing the Leicester tickets thread reminded me to go through the aways and try and plan the ones I want to try for with my kids and the mate I sit with. That's when I realised Watford is on Bank Holiday weekend Saturday.

There are NO TRAINS at all from Euston on the Saturday or Sunday. You will have to use the Metropolitan Line to Watford tube or London Overground / Southern from Clapham. IF there is a Southern strike or the OT ban is still on that weekend that makes it worse.

Keep 'em peeled.

Will Seagulls Travel lay on extra coaches, in case of extreme circumstances?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Overground from Clapham Junction to Watford High Street, changing at Willesden Junction is very little bother.

Correct, it's fine. Except everyone else who wants to get to Watford / Harrow etc will be doing the same thing instead of using Euston.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Either way I suspect you'll be ok. Change at Harrow on the Hill old boy. Or walk :thumbsup:

In the past I've been reasonably lucky in getting tickets, when the Albion play away at Watford.
But as 'we are PL' now, it'll be even harder (not a STH) to go.
So reliant on getting last minute scraps with the Albion ticket office or getting my neighbour to get me tickets in the home end.
Either way I'll still get to watch the boys.
Never walk there, always drive, as it takes about 15 mins :thumbsup:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Away for the weekend but someone is pleased about this.........

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
2fa899fbc1b782b906bbfc2f3d94678c.png

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011

Please could someone confirm this shouldn't affect anyone getting train from the south, changing at Clapham for the Overground via Willesdon Junction to Watford?

Thanks

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Just gone on journey planner and the Clapham/Watford route is still listed as ok, all be it just one train an hour.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Clapham Junction to Watford reminds me of the FA Cup game a few years ago.

People jumping up and down in the carriage, banging the ceiling, which then "broke" the train.

Anyone else remember the game?

Will there be a re run??

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've ponced some freebies for the home end for me and a couple of CHUMS.

Clapham Junction route is my weapon of choice.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Clapham Junction to Watford reminds me of the FA Cup game a few years ago.

People jumping up and down in the carriage, banging the ceiling, which then "broke" the train.

Anyone else remember the game?

Will there be a re run??

I know exactly the one you mean and there were a few memorable moments. I was in the carriage where all the commotion occurred. We got on at Clapham and had to wait for some time before the train started. The train was heaving. No-one could move and a large group of rowdy lads were serenading a young lady near them. Smutty references ("get your rat out for the lads" was one suggestion), a few compliments and even offers to pay for a ticket for her to accompany them. An old couple who were sitting down nearby were obviously scared out of their wits and got off the train.

I was in like Flint and nabbed one of the vacant seats. One of the lads from the noisy group sat next to me and we got chatting. He then pulled down the little rack from the back of the seat in front of him and started to rack up a huge line of charlie. Having carefully lined it all up, he rolled up the note and then put his head down to sniff it up. Trouble was that every time he tried to bend forward his head hit the back of the seat in front. He persevered though and it was like watching a sparrow keep flying into a window. After a few attempts I piped up:

"Here matey, can I make a suggestion?"

He looked at me and I think half-expecting a lecture or somesuch. "Oh yeah. What's that?"

"It might be easier if you lined up the coke so that it goes sideways rather than up and down"

Talk about a eureka moment. "bloody hell mate. That is so simple it's effing genius".

He and his mates all then tucked in, the last kiddie must only have been about 16 and looked very nervous. "Have you done it before?" I asked. "Course I have" he replied. He took a deep breath, sniffed it up and straight away had the mother of all nose bleeds.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here