Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford away - train carnage?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Please could someone confirm this shouldn't affect anyone getting train from the south, changing at Clapham for the Overground via Willesdon Junction to Watford?

Thanks

According to National Rail this route is effected and there are no trains from Willesden Junc. to Watford. There is a replacement bus between Harrow&Wealdstone and Watford.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
So what we saying, those going from Brighton are f***ed?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Met line to Watford,will take all the balls ache out of rail replacement bus,only a 25 minute walk or about £7 in a cab.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Met line to Watford,will take all the balls ache out of rail replacement bus,only a 25 minute walk or about £7 in a cab.

I'm addicted to ubers atm

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Wouldn't risk that myself,don't want to miss kick off,them Uber drivers couldn't find their arse with paper.

Always found them cheap and effective out of Brighton

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Cheap yes,but when I get in a taxi I don't want some Herbert thrusting a sat nav into my hands telling me "postcode,postcode"not for me,each to their own.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Watford Junction to Vicarage Road.
Cassio Taxis 01923 803603 £6/8
A1 Taxis 01923 222222 £5/6
Allied Taxis 01923 212121 £7
Newline Cabs 01923 222121 £7

Cheap yes,but when I get in a taxi I don't want some Herbert thrusting a sat nav into my hands telling me "postcode,postcode"not for me,each to their own.

Best use an Uber then as they will already have your route before you get in, so unlike some cabbies won't need to do that

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I know exactly the one you mean and there were a few memorable moments. I was in the carriage where all the commotion occurred. We got on at Clapham and had to wait for some time before the train started. The train was heaving. No-one could move and a large group of rowdy lads were serenading a young lady near them. Smutty references ("get your rat out for the lads" was one suggestion), a few compliments and even offers to pay for a ticket for her to accompany them. An old couple who were sitting down nearby were obviously scared out of their wits and got off the train.

I was in like Flint and nabbed one of the vacant seats. One of the lads from the noisy group sat next to me and we got chatting. He then pulled down the little rack from the back of the seat in front of him and started to rack up a huge line of charlie. Having carefully lined it all up, he rolled up the note and then put his head down to sniff it up. Trouble was that every time he tried to bend forward his head hit the back of the seat in front. He persevered though and it was like watching a sparrow keep flying into a window. After a few attempts I piped up:

"Here matey, can I make a suggestion?"

He looked at me and I think half-expecting a lecture or somesuch. "Oh yeah. What's that?"

"It might be easier if you lined up the coke so that it goes sideways rather than up and down"

Talk about a eureka moment. "bloody hell mate. That is so simple it's effing genius".

He and his mates all then tucked in, the last kiddie must only have been about 16 and looked very nervous. "Have you done it before?" I asked. "Course I have" he replied. He took a deep breath, sniffed it up and straight away had the mother of all nose bleeds.

:lolol: Great story that!

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Any advice/experience on parking for Watford? Have always taken the train before, but given likely train problems on Saturday, and that I can't leave Brighton particularly early on Saturday, I'm thinking of driving if the parking situation is ok, but no idea how easy it is to find a space within walking distance of Vicarage Road.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Any advice/experience on parking for Watford? Have always taken the train before, but given likely train problems on Saturday, and that I can't leave Brighton particularly early on Saturday, I'm thinking of driving if the parking situation is ok, but no idea how easy it is to find a space within walking distance of Vicarage Road.

There is a big car park in town that I am pretty sure is walking distance from the ground. Quite near the station too

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Theres a hospital just along from the ground with a public car park, a pay and display jobbie I think. I've parked there the last 2 times I've been.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Trainwise I think our plan is to get a Thamelink to St Pancras, then suck it up on the Metro across to Watford tube.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Trainwise I think our plan is to get a Thamelink to St Pancras, then suck it up on the Metro across to Watford tube.

Think we'll risk a similar option too. Car looks simple enough until you hit an A3/M3/A30/M4/M40 Saturday nightmare. Tube might not seem so bad afterall with polite chat and a flask of coffee to share.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here