Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knockaert injured

mefromringmer

Aug 9, 2013
any news on Knockaert

Any news about his injury? Why no news is it that bad, any injuries are usually known quite quickly if the team were playing.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Yes his leg fell off this morning but we're playing it down as "just a flesh wound" and he's likely to be back in a couple of weeks.

No news because it's soft tissue damage which will take 4/5 days to show anything before which scans/x rays are often less than useful.

I personally think ligament strains and therefore 4-6 weeks out.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
What a load of absolute nonsense.

It's normal for a PL club to have adequate quality cover for each position, should injuries or bans arise. If you look at the way positive minded managers deal with injuries, for example Howe, Klopp and Hughton, that never look at these as big blows. Instead they just get on with finding solutions with alternatives. Leaving the "suffering" to pensive fans.

No, no it isn't. Jansson isn't quality cover for Kane, when Mane was out the Liverpool side they had inadequate replacements, Arsenal were playing an almost entirely out of place defence at the end of last season, City without Aguero (prior to bringing in Jesus) were significantly worse. I could go through almost every single PL club that do not have adequate quality cover for their star players and plenty that don't have quality cover in general.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Still no news on the extent of the injury Knocky's sustained on Friday.
Is there any reason to really worry about severity of the injury? Major swelling, so the club cannot x-ray the ankle.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Still no news on the extent of the injury Knocky's sustained on Friday.
Is there any reason to really worry about severity of the injury? Major swelling, so the club cannot x-ray the ankle.

I'm thinking back to Duffy injury and i'm pretty sure the first we were told was after he had an operation? Pretty sure he did it on a saturday and we were told monday he had undergone surgery

Seagull Mags

Aug 18, 2016
Just bumped into Solly March in Morrison's Eastbourne, tried to get an update on Knocky but he said nobody knows the extent of the injury... FYI - He purchased a cucumber sandwich! I told him not to eat such rubbish!

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
Just bumped into Solly March in Morrison's Eastbourne, tried to get an update on Knocky but he said nobody knows the extent of the injury... FYI - He purchased a cucumber sandwich! I told him not to eat such rubbish!

I call BS - Premier League footballers do not shop in Morrisons - Waitrose all the way.

Seagull Mags

Aug 18, 2016
I call BS - Premier League footballers do not shop in Morrisons - Waitrose all the way.

Why would I make that up, there is no story to tell I just saw him whilst buying a sandwich on my lunch break and tried to get an update on Knocky. If I was talking BS I would say he said AK is out for the season etc.....

The cucumber sandwich bit is true too and I think he was jealous of my chicken and bacon purchase!

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton

last time i asked solly for an injury update he said "it seems OK!"

I was asking about Rosenior and I don't think we saw him for another 8 months.........................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here