Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mayweather Vs McGregor [Show/Conference]

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
We'll be needing the NSC hivemind to be on full beam this weekend to provide the best stream of the fight. The one that somebody dug out for Joshua vs. Klitschko was crystal clear and devoid of guff. Same again please :thumbsup:

11 a.m on sunday morning here ....beautiful timing for an 8 o'clock start on the lash culminating in the fight of the century at around 1 pm and we'll still have the whole afternoon left to tell "abo" jokes......:thumbsup:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
the sooner this joke of a contest is out the way the better.

A proper fight is only a few weeks away

Gennady Golovkin v Canelo Alvarez

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Do you want to pay me £4.99 and watch it round my house? I'll pay the rest??
Thanks for the invite babe :)
I have further considered my stance on this fight, and decided that if it was £1 to watch, I still wouldn't pay on principle.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Something tells me McGregor is dropping Mayweather.

I don't know if it's going to be one massive fix so Mayweather can pass down the flame to someone who then becomes the next massive, commercial hype job. To me, this whole event seems fishy. Something we're not expecting is going to happen. I just don't believe Mayweather would risk his whole legacy against someone with a 0-0 record unless there was something fixed going on.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Something tells me McGregor is dropping Mayweather.
I think you're right. However, I'm willing to bet against my instinct if you fancy putting money on it.

I don't know if it's going to be one massive fix so Mayweather can pass down the flame to someone who then becomes the next massive, commercial hype job.
But Mayweather doesn't need the money it would take to make him do that.
I just don't believe Mayweather would risk his whole legacy against someone with a 0-0 record unless there was something fixed going on.
Er, no. He's not really risking his legacy, as he's not fighting a professional boxer. And the reason he's happy to accept the very small risk is that he's getting paid a ****ing fortune.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I read one pundits view that it will be a fix for McGregor to win then Mayweather win a billion $ re match and thus set up a multi billion decider.
:lol: Connor should go for that and then just decline the rematch.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I read one pundits view that it will be a fix for McGregor to win then Mayweather win a billion $ re match and thus set up a multi billion decider.

There is no bloody way Mayweather would agree to lose, his whole thing is 49-0 and being the best ever.

The reason he has taken this fight is becuase its a truck load of cash against someone who would not even win the Irish title at his boxing weight.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There is no bloody way Mayweather would agree to lose, his whole thing is 49-0 and being the best ever.

The reason he has taken this fight is becuase its a truck load of cash against someone who would not even win the Irish title at his boxing weight.

that is my view but you never know.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

Really ? I just assumed Mayweather had to retire on 49-0 and couldn't get another sanctioned fight because he would have been exposed as a drug cheat. American sport particularly where there is big money involved is a lot more tolerant of this stuff than just about anywhere outside of Russian athletics.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I don't think this has panned out as they thought it would, tickets haven't sold out so they're now dropping the price and even hotel rooms are having their prices cut as well and rooms available for under 200 bucks on the strip which is ultra rare for a big fight weekend , maybe the freak show is not as popular as they thought it would be .

Expect loads more trash talk now to get the gullible to fork out for the PPV

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I think you're right. However, I'm willing to bet against my instinct if you fancy putting money on it.

But Mayweather doesn't need the money it would take to make him do that.
Er, no. He's not really risking his legacy, as he's not fighting a professional boxer. And the reason he's happy to accept the very small risk is that he's getting paid a ****ing fortune.

Did you see the clips of what McGregor did to Malignaggi?

It doesn't look like it's going to be that easy for the 40 year old retired boxer.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I don't think this has panned out as they thought it would, tickets haven't sold out so they're now dropping the price and even hotel rooms are having their prices cut as well and rooms available for under 200 bucks on the strip which is ultra rare for a big fight weekend , maybe the freak show is not as popular as they thought it would be .

They should have learned from Mayweather v pacman...I picked up pretty good seats for $1500 a pop a few hours before the fight.

The US boxing fans aren't stupid ....

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

Music to my ears. Personally I think it'll be rigged to at least look like a decent fight so they have the chance of a rematch. Utter scam.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Did you see the clips of what McGregor did to Malignaggi?

It doesn't look like it's going to be that easy for the 40 year old retired boxer.
A 20 second clip with what looked like it was a push against a washed up fighter who was never close to mayweathers ability? Why is he even sparring Pauline if he wants to test himself for such a contest? Lots of rumour malignaggi is even in on the whole circus.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

All that matters are the PPV numbers.
There's nothing to read into from $50-$100k worth of empty overpriced seats (5000 ish).

---

I'll be watching at a bar with some Irish folk, will be a fun night, but won't pay to watch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here