Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mayweather Vs McGregor [Show/Conference]

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You proclaimed that anyone who watches it knows nothing about either sport.
That's a huge smug sneer at anyone who's interested in this entertainment, just because you don't personally like it.
Maybe it's smug, I'm not sure what he was thinking when he wrote it, but that doesn't make him wrong does it?

Surely everyone already knows what this fight is though.
It's halfway between a boxing match and WWE.
It's a big show. People either want to be a part of it and be entertained. Or they don't.
So you agree then, the people watching this won't know about boxing or MMA?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Wow. What a couple of inarticulate buffoons - did people actually pay MONEY to go and watch that shite ?
I suggest the buffoons are the ones who paid, not the inarticulate men who are making millions.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What hell is McGregor gunna do after 3 rounds of boxing (if he makes it that far).
I imagine he'll be frustrated and wave his arms about because Mayweather isn't standing toe to toe, and then McGregor will make beckoning motions and point and a spot on the floor asking Mayweather to stand and slug it out. And Mayweather won't.

His longest fight in UFC has been 5 minutes.
So you don't watch MMA then.

He has a punchers chance for two rounds at best against the greatest counter attacking boxer of all time. Good luck with that McGregor.
Indeed.

Now if it was inside the cage -- McGregor would maul the poor ****.
Now that I might pay to see! That would be more one sided than this boxing farce.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Not sure about the assumption that people watching this won't know about boxing or MMA. Some people, who are not interested in either may be drawn to this 'show' because of the insane hype, but there will be a lot of boxing and MMA fans watching this with huge interest. I am a boxing fan, not so much MMA, and I think it is an unnecessary freak show that has only one winner, Colin's bank balance. I won't be paying to watch it, but hope deep down that Floyd dismantles McGregor slowly and painfully for the cheek of actually thinking he is fit to lace up Floyd's gloves. This whole debacle does for boxing what Ratner did for jewellery shops.

Last edited:

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
I have enjoyed the build up. McGregor is very funny.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I have enjoyed the build up. McGregor is very funny.

Mayweather has really showed his lack of brains during this build up. He really doesn't help himself when he starts shouting "yyyyyyyyeeeeeeaaaahhhhhhh" x10. It's pretty obvious he's repeating himself constantly because he's unable of what to say next. He resorted to getting his watch out and telling everyone how much it costs (Argos £89).
I would absolutely love it if McGregor managed to knock Mayweather out, but sadly, Conor McGregor beating Mayweather is as likely as Leicester winning the Prem....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
but there will be a lot of boxing and MMA fans watching this with huge interest.
Is it fair to call those people stupid? Watching because you can afford it and think it's funny, like WWE, fair enough, but watching with interest?

I am a boxing fan, not so much MMA, and I think it is an unnecessary freak show
Agreed.
I won't be paying to watch it, but hope deep down that Floyd dismantles McGregor slowly and painfully for the cheek of actually thinking he is fit to lace up Floyd's gloves.
Firstly, Floyd isn't capable of dishing out the kind of pain Conor is used to in MMA - secondly, Conor wouldn't mind anyway, he's hardly going to regret the fight given the money. And thirdly, I don't agree about him not being fit to lace Floyd's gloves. Floyd in a clever fight dodger (he wouldn't fight Manny in his prime) who has referees that protect his style, while Conor will fight anyone, and is very capable in his own sport.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Is it fair to call those people stupid? Watching because you can afford it and think it's funny, like WWE, fair enough, but watching with interest?

Agreed.
Firstly, Floyd isn't capable of dishing out the kind of pain Conor is used to in MMA - secondly, Conor wouldn't mind anyway, he's hardly going to regret the fight given the money. And thirdly, I don't agree about him not being fit to lace Floyd's gloves. Floyd in a clever fight dodger (he wouldn't fight Manny in his prime) who has referees that protect his style, while Conor will fight anyone, and is very capable in his own sport.

In his own sport, yes, very capable, and to be fair it would be a closer/different prospect if Floyd was to fight MMA rules. McGregor's MMA skills count for little in a boxing ring if he can't use them. Resilience to pain/punishment in the boxing ring just makes you a punch bag, (see Eubanks Jn last night). McGregor just does not have the hand skill and finely honed ring craft that he will need against one of the best boxers in the world. IMHO, unless Floyd dispatches him in the first couple of rounds it will be a case of MaGregor grabbing on dear for life and hoping for a lucky big one.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
In his own sport, yes, very capable, and to be fair it would be a closer/different prospect if Floyd was to fight MMA rules. McGregor's MMA skills count for little in a boxing ring if he can't use them. Resilience to pain/punishment in the boxing ring just makes you a punch bag, (see Eubanks Jn last night). McGregor just does not have the hand skill and finely honed ring craft that he will need against one of the best boxers in the world. IMHO, unless Floyd dispatches him in the first couple of rounds it will be a case of MaGregor grabbing on dear for life and hoping for a lucky big one.

If it was an MMA fight it wouldn't last more than a minute. Also there is no danger of Mayweather knocking him out either.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
There must be something in his contract that says if he does anything other than box he loses his purse.

Dana said that it's very clear in the contract that if CM does anything other than box, there are huge financial ramifications.
Then you've got the potential lawsuits where FM will claim damages that amount to hundreds of millions of losses which he could have earned from future fights.

It's literally career ending if CM does anything outside of the rules.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here