Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2nd Test: England v South Africa at Nottingham, Jul 14-18, 2017

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yup. He's a walking LBW.

I had one yesterday - we had declared half an hour before tea on 250/5 :mad: and very first ball of their reply, I had him planted in front, absolutely stone dead. The umpire (OURS ffs) declined it, and said to me as I walked back to my mark, "Sorry, I couldn't do it to him, not first ball" :jester:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Philander absolutely all over us at the moment.

Needs a monumental effort just to make it to the end of the day, if Cook or Root go before tea it'll be the beginning of a collapse for sure.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I had one yesterday - we had declared half an hour before tea on 250/5 :mad: and very first ball of their reply, I had him planted in front, absolutely stone dead. The umpire (OURS ffs) declined it, and said to me as I walked back to my mark, "Sorry, I couldn't do it to him, not first ball" :jester:

Absolutely as village cricket should be. Hope you bowled a wide next ball too [emoji106][emoji106]

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Absolutely as village cricket should be. Hope you bowled a wide next ball too [emoji106][emoji106]

He smashed me for 4 (was a ROTTEN ball tbf) three balls later, and as he turned at my end, he said "Sorry mate. I do realise exactly what happened there!"

We had a lad on debut yesterday, made your boy look like Boycott. 105 from 49 balls, at which point the captain retired him!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Two lovely test match fours in three balls.

It's all about concentrating, riding your luck, and putting away the ones that are there to be scored from.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Jennings mindset is so defensive that he is a wicket waiting to be plucked. Balance's technique is lacking. Replacements required for both I'm afraid...

The search for a no.2 and 3 has been ongoing since Strauss retired. No replacement has managed to secure the place in quite sometime now.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Goodnight Vienna :nono:

Root yorked by Morris - an absolute Jaffa.

55-3 might as well pack up and go home now.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He smashed me for 4 (was a ROTTEN ball tbf) three balls later, and as he turned at my end, he said "Sorry mate. I do realise exactly what happened there!"

We had a lad on debut yesterday, made your boy look like Boycott. 105 from 49 balls, at which point the captain retired him!

[emoji23][emoji23]

Good knock.......!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Talking of chasing lost causes, my son was playing in a quarter final for Sheffield U10s v Huddersfield U10s on Friday and after restricting Hudds to 112/7 in 30 overs, it was looking good.

In reply we were 0/4 off four balls with two Yorkshire players back in the shed....

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Cook bounced out by Morris... gloved it to de Kock pulling out of a hook shot.

Curtains.

72-4

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here